DCI West is the Best - June 25, 2017

Just now, Liahona said:

grow a pair dude

I do think you could have had a better choice of words in your first insult of PR brass. They did not sound very good tonight, but that's really all that needs to be said imo. I'll leave it at that.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Good lord BD! I would pay triple the admission to see that live. Can't wait for Riverside!

Probably the best lineup in terms of corps and shows in years at the RCC show, can't wait.

9 minutes ago, Liahona said:

A few quick observations...

Absolutely LOVE :inlove: Bk's brass ...like it better than Crown 

PR I am shocked at your brass...whoever is training you should be ashamed...or visual is just way to dang hard and overwritten..perhaps things get better by seasons end...right now ...BARF

SCV...Love the horns!...just clean it up that technical difficulty and I see a possible medal for you...

BD...Love your screamers :)   ...probably one my most favorite brass books in a REAL long time...

I have a sneaking suspicion that PR isn't attracting top brass talent anymore. Percussion seems to be an issue again. 

BK brass only 4 tenths behind BD- never been that close to the Devils in Blue in Bugles:)

• Like 1

Russian Christmas Music and Great Gate.  Glad I stayed up!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

I wasn't impressed with PR at all. I honestly felt like I was watching a show from 1984 with that visual design. That said, I actually liked it. They are moving fast and have a lot of readable drill, which is getting more and more absent these days. I think PR will be in the 10 to 12 range come finals. The show just isn't very interesting or entertaining, to be frank. Again, they have failed to evolve to meet the criteria that scores well in DCI today.

Same show, different uniforms. Sad. We are a long way from Spartacus.

4 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

SCV didn't get the memo!

I know, right! haha.

I'm chuckling because SCV has such an awesome show and an awesome brassline that I'm NOT surprised that they won tonight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

Anyone who says these kids don't appreciate their history should see the members of the current SCV right now.  :inlove:

Well THOSE kids in red appreciate their history...  Other corps are doing it better than those old farts and let you know it! :bluedevil: