Pittsburgh Pileup - Tuesday, June 27

1 minute ago, DrumManTx said:

Genesis a little low, but with how ambitiously they program I bet they won't stop improving until the season js done.  

SOA opened with a 62.4 way way way later on July 8th last year.  I know scores aren't relative show to show let alone year to year but the fact they were so close to two great corps on their first night is very promising for them.   Love seen corps who have struggled a little bit recover.  

Troopers and Colts are kinda stalking out scores wise despite hearing great things about both.  Wonder what's going on.  

I guess I need to reevaluate Crossmen.  Didn't really like the show on Thursday last week but with the numbers they're getting I need to watch again with an open mind.   

And good for Cadets.  I might not personally like the show but I'd rather see them having some success and potential as compared to what happened last year.  I hope they keep climbing. 

Sounds like Bluecoats had a good run and I'm so happy it sounds like the soloist had a good night.  And like Mr. Lancer said, glad the guard is getting some recognition.   

You are REALLY going to like Crossmen in person.  The golden screen doesn't show how fun they are! 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Really just outstanding!  I'm just marking time this week waiting to see Blooo Saturday. 

If only we weren't going to see our daughter in NYC, we would go to Muncie on Friday. Three Floyds is an added draw for the show

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

I'm sure people thought it was nuts to think BD was going to come in and win finals 2015 after being 2nd so much in the late season. You never know what can happen I things like this.

True. In the end, it comes down to one Saturday in August. How you get there doesn't much matter.

• Like 1

Just now, kinetic inferno11 said:

Shall we go back to when Cadets went from 1st to 3rd in a week in 2015? I don't think anyone knows 100% what the placements will be when finals rolls around in August. We may guess and predict, but we never know.

You literally just made my point. 

• Like 3

Man, I was really hoping Troopers would put a little more distance between them and the Colts.  Unless this is just early year slotting, it's going to be another summer of these 2 corps duking it out for that 13th spot.

1 minute ago, jjeffeory said:

I certainly don't think that, but it is still nice to see the Cadets score go up to reflect that they're improving.

At this point, it's going to be wild in  6-9th place.  I've stopped trying to guess, 'cause when I do that I feel a little competitive.

I'm trying to (so far) stay in the realm of fandom instead of former corps marcher with personal inclinations towards or against certain corps.

You're right that 6-9 grouping is going to be interesting. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

So you believe the Cadets can win DCI this season? Nuts 

Not a single person in ALL of DCP has said this. Try to find and quote a post that says Cadets will win it all....you wont find it. All someone did was express optimism in the trend of scores for the Cadets and you felt the need to stomp all over it and insinuate something that wasnt said

• Like 7

Gosh so much debate with a partial panel

gaps aren't the same with a partial panel and corps missing

we will get an idea if Cadets for example are making progress at the Bean Pot show when Crown is there... can they get the gap down under 1.5 points then? 

im more interested in how the crowds reacted to the shows? Anyone there?

• Like 4