Pittsburgh Pileup - Tuesday, June 27

6 minutes ago, Western Burger said:

Man, I was really hoping Troopers would put a little more distance between them and the Colts.  Unless this is just early year slotting, it's going to be another summer of these 2 corps duking it out for that 13th spot.

Troopers playing with heavy hearts tonight.  Score and position not important right now. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I think the implication that people are missing here is that by saying you think the Cadets could beat Bloo this year, you're saying that you can win DCI because a lot of people are currently saying (and the scores support it) that Bloo will win it all this year. 

I don't necessarily agree that Bloo will win it all, but people are blowing Poppy's statement wayyy out of proportion

Who said Cadets were going to beat Bloo? Nobody. Just that the gap is smaller. Doesnt really matter because (as it was pointed out) it's a partial panel

Edited by Brass34
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

You mean wishful thinking. Not optimism thank you. 

No, i mean optimism thank you

23 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

This is something that hasn't been talked about much.  In this show last year, the Cadets were 7.2 points above the Crossmen.   To go from that to 2.8, is something worth noting.

The Crossmen's gap with Bluecoats is also a few points closer than last year.  This is comparing the same show a year apart.

Interesting. Can't wait to see Crossmen live. Good for them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brass34 said:

Who said Cadets were going to beat Bloo? Nobody. Just that the gap is smaller. Doesnt really matter because (as it was pointed out) it's a partial panel

It was implied but never explicitly said. 

People are getting all riled up over implications so congratulations everybody!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Gosh so much debate with a partial panel

gaps aren't the same with a partial panel and corps missing

we will get an idea if Cadets for example are making progress at the Bean Pot show when Crown is there... can they get the gap down under 1.5 points then? 

im more interested in how the crowds reacted to the shows? Anyone there?

I PMd you.

• Like 1