Harrowing Hamilton - June 26th, 2017

1 hour ago, emc2 said:

Cavs 2 points from BAC.  maybe.

Most here do have Cavs 2- 3 points from BAC tonite as well, emc2 . If BAC could shave it to 2 that would steady improvement for them, imo.  Cavs are about 3.5 points from Boston at the moment.

Edited by BRASSO

8 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Well, at least one more 27th alum will be there. Third live show for me, and you are right -- parking is horrible. Plan on getting to the show early.

Hubby says you're right.  He said that if we had gone, which we considered, we'd already be parked and tailgating.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, barigirl78 said:

What does that mean if there is no brass judge tonight?  Music Analysis doesn't necessarily align with a brass score.

It means we need to take the final scores with a grain of salt without a full panel present.

It may be a little brisk tonight and - whaddayaknow -- my corps jacket still fits!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

It means we need to take the final scores with a grain of salt without a full panel present.

Yes, incomplete panels, means incomplete scores & incomplete values we can derive from such scores, such shows. Its a shame, but it is what it is in modern day DCI now.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

I arrived at the spectator parking just in time to grab one of the last three spots. Yay! Then a quick walk to will call to pick-up my ticket and then about a half mile walk to Gina's (a very well concealed Italian restaurant I discovered a couple of years ago.) I am the only drum corps fan here and luck was with me again as I snagged the last table.  This place is very popular with the locals.

It rained lightly for about ten minutes and there is a 40% chance later tonight. I hope the field will be dry or Bluecoats may be forced into an exhibition. Not only does the prop need to be dry but the field does too (shoes get wet and go up the prop and they get in turn get the prop wet). I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 3

Good luck to Cincinnati Tradition, last year's Class A champions in DCA. Here's hoping they have another strong season. They benefited somewhat last year from a lack of strong competition (and personally I thought Erie Thunderbirds should have edged them out). If they want to repeat this year, with the Govenaires back in Class A, they're really going to need to step up their game. I hope they can.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I arrived at the spectator parking just in time to grab one of the last three spots. Yay! Then a quick walk to will call to pick-up my ticket and then about a half mile walk to Gina's (a very well concealed Italian restaurant I discovered a couple of years ago.) I am the only drum corps fan here and luck was with me again as I snagged the last table.  This place is very popular with the locals.

It rained lightly for about ten minutes and there is a 40% chance later tonight. I hope the field will be dry or Bluecoats may be forced into an exhibition. Not only does the prop need to be dry but the field does too (shoes get wet and go up the prop and they get in turn get the prop wet). I am keeping my fingers crossed!

How dose it compare to the North End restaurants.