Harrowing Hamilton - June 26th, 2017

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

I've seen videos.  They are head and shoulders above last year.   

Cool! Given that this puts Tradition three points up on Thunderbirds and just behind Skyliners, it does seem quite believable.

1 minute ago, cfirwin3 said:

In total, that's true.  But the judges are saying that Bloo is not performing at or above the level of their design... But Crown may be outperforming their show.  It will be interesting to see how that progresses.  Typically, you want to have that repertoire number pushing a little ahead of the performance number early to mid season.  It's not a certain science... but it is a logical place to want to be.

Inevitably, all contending corps will be adding material and switching out parts for more impact moments... and this should jog up the repertoire score anyway.

Ultimately, the judges are saying that Crown is performing their show better than Bloo is performing theirs right now.  It's difficult to be sure without a full panel... but I would suggest that Crown would have won a brass caption (if there was one judged) and that would go along with their CC numbers.

It makes sense.

Lol I was just making an observation. Crown seems to have more room to add and grow IMO. It'll be interesting to see how this all ends up in August.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Cool! Given that this puts Tradition three points up on Thunderbirds and just behind Skyliners, it does seem quite believable.

I do agree that is a DCI score for a DCA corps is specious, but they are playing on new brass and have attracted a higher talent level.  

8 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

That awkward moment when you take another corps' entire guard staff and half their guard members, then score a full point behind them...

and the " awkard moment " when you realize your new show designers might not be able to sing their way to a medal, and making the brass line a curious backdrop to a singer that sings longer than any solo ever done in Drum Corps history. ( sarcasm returned )

Edited by BRASSO

4 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

That awkward moment when you take another corps' entire guard staff and half their guard members, then score a full point behind them...

lame

• Like 3

Just now, kinetic inferno11 said:

Lol I was just making an observation. Crown seems to have more room to add and grow IMO. It'll be interesting to see how this all ends up in August.

I'm not offering a defense.  Just noting what is making up the surge... Crown is performing very well.

The really funny thing (to me) as I am looking at the recap right now, is that DCI has found 4 different ways to say the same thing in different captions...

Essentially every caption has a "STUFF" category and a "PERFORMANCE" category.

Category 1 - Is the STUFF good?

Category 2 - Do they perform the STUFF that they have well?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

I had posted earlier, averages from the "predict the score" contest.  The biggest differences:

• Participants predicted Cavies to be just 0.6 behind Crown.  They were 1.8 behind them
  • Predicted Troopers to be 3.2 behind Crossmen.  They were 4.0
  • Predicted Colts to be 2 points behind Troop.  They were 1.2
  • Predicted Pioneer to be 10.2 behind Colts.  They were 14.4.

Everything else was within a few decimals.

Cavaliers finished 2016 at 3.1 behind Crown. Troopers finished 2016 at 4.4 behind Crossmen. Colts finished 2016 at 1.7 behind Troopers. Pioneer finished 2016 at 14.2 behind Colts. Not sure if that contrasted with these numbers tells us anything about where this season is going, but there you are.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Cavaliers finished 2016 at 3.1 behind Crown. Troopers finished 2016 at 4.4 behind Crossmen. Colts finished 2016 at 1.7 behind Troopers. Pioneer finished 2016 at 14.2 behind Colts. Not sure if that contrasted with these numbers tells us anything about where this season is going, but there you are.

The Cavies and Crown spread is... surprising.

I'm not one to blame small panels for big differences... but... but... but...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

I'm not offering a defense.  Just noting what is making up the surge... Crown is performing very well.

The really funny thing (to me) as I am looking at the recap right now, is that DCI has found 4 different ways to say the same thing in different captions...

Essentially every caption has a "STUFF" category and a "PERFORMANCE" category.

Category 1 - Is the STUFF good?

Category 2 - Do they perform the STUFF that they have well?

Lol yeah, That is pretty comical.