2017 Rankings

There'll be a new score for Kidsgrove on Sunday, when they compete in Leicester.

(Love me some Shakespearean dialogue, but in the couple minutes I watched of their previous competition, I thought there was too much of it.)

Not to be Debbie Downer here but everyone needs to keep in mind that these are just numbers...and early numbers at that. The only numbers that are going to matter are those earned by the last weekend before championships. Those will determine the performance order for prelims. Everything else is just a means to an end. For our part, Atlanta CV will not be getting another number until August 27th so I'm sure we will be in about 12th spot on this list by then.

Relevant...?

Dan

• Like 4

Yes, we know this, because 1) it's brought up every year and 2) it doesn't even have to be said.

Edited by Kyle B
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dan Detweiler said:

Not to be Debbie Downer here but everyone needs to keep in mind that these are just numbers...and early numbers at that. The only numbers that are going to matter are those earned by the last weekend before championships. Those will determine the performance order for prelims. Everything else is just a means to an end. For our part, Atlanta CV will not be getting another number until August 27th so I'm sure we will be in about 12th spot on this list by then.

Relevant...?

Dan

and even then those numbers dont hold a cup of water because different panels will see things differently.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dan Detweiler said:

Relevant...?

Dan

Sure. Completely understood. Which will make it all the more interesting when your score leaps up! And in the meantime, it encourages speculation. While I don't think that all publicity is good publicity, nearly all publicity for DCA is a good thing.

16 hours ago, Dan Detweiler said:

Relevant...?

Dan

Relevant, no.

Fun to read and speculate, yes.

• Like 2

On 2017-07-11 at 4:03 PM, AoEnut said:

As DCA panels go it was a very strong one.  

Some definite messages sent.  They certainly aren't unsurmountable.  

But how many of the judges on this panel will realistically be on one of the Rochester panels? They clearly sent a message that Buccs are pretty untouchable.

2 hours ago, WestCoastBestCoast said:

But how many of the judges on this panel will realistically be on one of the Rochester panels? They clearly sent a message that Buccs are pretty untouchable.

Wouldn't be surprised to see quite a few. That being said, right now the Buccs are untouchable, who knows in 6 weeks