2017 Rankings

10 hours ago, Fastone said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see quite a few. That being said, right now the Buccs are untouchable, who knows in 6 weeks

Looking back at last year's panels, likely Allison, Abate, and Wingate will all be there.  That bodes well for Buccs and Fusion.  Cabs and C2 have an uphill battle.  Then add CV into the mix.  Should be fun!

44 minutes ago, WestCoastBestCoast said:

Looking back at last year's panels, likely Allison, Abate, and Wingate will all be there.  That bodes well for Buccs and Fusion.  Cabs and C2 have an uphill battle.  Then add CV into the mix.  Should be fun!

And lets not forget our friends from across the pond,l;m sure they will be right there in the mix of things, Kids Grove Scouts,

• Like 2

OK... keeping in mind that this is a "fun thread" and what I'll post here is pure opinion/speculation/wishful thinking/fevered rambling on my part... LOL...

By my count... barring something unforeseen, there are six corps that are stone locks for Open Class finalist spots in DCA... including Kidsgrove Scouts.

And I'll put two to three more corps in the "most likely" category.

So.... four or five corps battling for one or two spots.

You want names aside from Kidsgrove, you say?  You won't get them here.  :tongue:

And Class A... who knows.  As seems to be the case more often than not, those finalist spots are up for grabs.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, WestCoastBestCoast said:

But how many of the judges on this panel will realistically be on one of the Rochester panels? They clearly sent a message that Buccs are pretty untouchable.

"Untouchable Pirate Crew"

From this distance it appears the the DCA season is a fight for second place.   :fight:

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!       :mat:

Keeping it, as Fran says:  FUN!!!!!!!!     :guinesssmilie:

Elphaba    :flower:

Edited by elphaba01
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Fastone said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see quite a few. That being said, right now the Buccs are untouchable, who knows in 6 weeks

Untouchable, I think some lessons were learned last year.  Who knows what is going to happen.  Bucs seemed untouchable last year also, C2 got rolling and the spreads decrease because that's what happens at the end of the year because of the comparative nature of the activity and then boom decisions were made on the last weekend.  

This is of course my opinion, but these two seem have the most growth potential:

Cabs - have a complete thought themetically from beginning to end.  Can they make the musical side as complete as the visual side?  

C2 - needs to get more confident and finish which seems to have been their M.O. since birth.  They will get stronger.  Their guard will finish.  The drill will get clarified and cleaned.  C2 seems to be the rawest of all the corps out there right now.     

The Following two seem to lean on certain sections more than others but can certainly with the right tweaks can make a push.  

Fusion - Fusion's percussion & brass section seems to be scoring well, but they lack in comparison to the guard with how they impact the show.  Their drill certainly highlights this.  

Bush -  Bush's percussion section --at times-- dominates the musical package.  Can they round that out?  Can all the musical components contribute on equal footing.  Bush's visual design also asks a lot of the membership.  Will get stronger when they become more confident here? 

Overseas: 

Kidsgrove via YouTube - seem to be done. There seems to be a disconnect between the concepts musical message and the visual message.  But that's a tough call on YouTube with out seeing the big picture at all times.  I like their ballad, it has what it takes to be sensitive & emotional and standout in a year that many of brass sections in DCA have some appealing ballad moments.   

This has the potential to be the best DCA season in year and certainly should be entertaining for all involved.  I agree with Mr Fastone, "who knows in 6 weeks."

As a fan, I am excited and would like to thank all the members and staffs for their hard work put in thus far.  

AoE

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

FYI..Lothype.com is doing a live stream from Nazareth, PA Saturday.  

I'll be at a birthday party for a two-year-old.  :tongue:

My great-niece.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

On 7/13/2017 at 9:40 AM, WestCoastBestCoast said:

true, but Bucs have fewer points to work with, so numbers will tighten up eventually

• Like 2