Less brass? (to fill another caption)

18 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

you answered before I deleted my response. Look back you can see. Hey look I get your frustration on your point of view BUT maybe expand your comments to maybe a broader base. You keep quoting 1 or 2 people. Are you mad at a few who may or may not disagree with you OR that  it appears that the activity disagrees .

When I saw Poppy say that , I took it very tongue in cheek and not so serious. maybe I was wrong. I will let them respond.

Just because you deleted that in your opinion music does not matter, you meant it.  Nor does deleting it negate that you did actually post it at one time.  And if you notice in my response to Poppy I stated that Poppy may have been using sarcasm (but comparing it to many other opinions and likes posted by Poppy there is some underlying belief to the post at hand).  The fact still remains that most music, not all, but most music in DCI over the past decade or so has been relegated to blips of sound, nonsensical phrases, odd impact points, all in the name of being a mere backdrop to the almighty Visual GE.  And there are those on DCP who not only find it acceptable but are rather jubilant to that direction.

Edited by Stu

3 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

I honestly think this year is one of the best in recent memory of cohesive music books that make sense independently. I've been pleasantly surprised. 

Will not see any shows until Finals; but I hope that is true!

5 minutes ago, Stu said:

Just because you deleted that in your opinion music does not matter, you meant it.  Nor does deleting it negate that you did actually post it at one time.  And if you notice in my response to Poppy I stated that Poppy may have been using sarcasm (but comparing it to many other opinions and likes posted by Poppy there is some underlying belief to the post at hand).  The fact still remains that most music, not all, but most music in DCI over the past decade or so has been relegated to blips of sound, nonsensical phrases, odd impact points, all in the name of being a mere backdrop to the almighty Visual GE.  And there are those on DCP who not only find it acceptable but are rather jubilant to that direction.

ok lets assume you are right, AND? I'm sure there are those who may agree with you and those who do not..and?

Present Arms, it amps any section traveling in front of the mics. They use it to good effect in a couple of spots in the show, specifically during one of the percussion features. They placed each battery section in front of a mic to improve clarity. It worked for some parts of the show, but still needs some tweaking in most of the show. 

22 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

so now Im confused. So you argue a point not even knowing whats being done musically or visually this year?

Good grief; I am arguing a point which has validity 'for the past decade'.  If things are different this year, great!!!!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

ok lets assume you are right, AND? I'm sure there are those who may agree with you and those who do not..and?

And.... Most music enthusiasts today would want to attend a concert by Stefani Germanotta (aka Lady Gaga) singing duets with Tony Bennett, while the overwhelming visually-excited mass public today would rather attend the Shock-Art visual shows of The Gaga with a Vomit Artist (yep she did appear on live stage with a vomit artist).  There used to be a healthy balance to bring both qualitative musical composition and visual art into the stadium (see for example live videos of Peter Gabriel, Rush, Pink Floyd and DCI from the say the eighties and nineties).  And while DCI today has not gone to the extreme like Gaga, it does appear that DCI is moving in the direction of appealing exclusively to the mass public Visually-Excited while more and more tending to ignore the desires of Musical Enthusiasts.  And in my opinion that, well, sucks about, not quite, but about as much as Gaga and her live on-stage vomit artist.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Stu said:

And.... Most music enthusiasts today would want to attend a concert by Stefani Germanotta (aka Lady Gaga) singing duets with Tony Bennett, while the overwhelming visually-excited mass public today would rather attend the Shock-Art visual shows of The Gaga with a Vomit Artist (yep she did appear on live stage with a vomit artist).  There used to be a healthy balance to bring both qualitative musical composition and visual art into the stadium (see for example live videos of Peter Gabriel, Rush, Pink Floyd and DCI from the say the eighties and nineties).  And while DCI today has not gone to the extreme like Gaga, it does appear that DCI is moving in the direction of appealing exclusively to the mass public Visually-Excited while more and more tending to ignore the desires of Musical Enthusiasts.  And in my opinion that, well, sucks about, not quite, but about as much as Gaga and her live on-stage vomit artist.

yeah I remember this almost word for word from 2 years ago...gezzzz..ok so you made you point..again. You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Not sure what you want or who you are angry with, a few posters, those who disagree, the activity, all of the above. If the activity bothers you that much for as you said a decade wouldn't it be time to move on? If not move on maybe argue with those writers ( music ) of today or for a decade which seem to like what they are doing.

Edited by GUARDLING

13 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

... If the activity bothers you that much for as you said a decade wouldn't it be time to move on?...

Really? This is about as good of a rebuttle as those who say, "If you do not like the way America is going then you can leave"