5 hours ago, ajlisko said:

Sorry "W" ... no sop mouthpiece in a bari - just some very talented horn players on Bari and FH ... that was an old Genero trick with the Hurcs in the early 60's ...

:-)

French Horn bugle then, Andy? Or... was that old trick carried over? It wasn't a bari mouthpiece, this I would know.

4 hours ago, BigW said:

French Horn bugle then, Andy? Or... was that old trick carried over? It wasn't a bari mouthpiece, this I would know.

FH ... plain and simple ...

It was hard to tell, Andy, esp with no  P-R Baris to compare it to.

Another reason it was difficult to tell was that it was exceptionally fantastic. To be honest, most people sound Gawd-Awful on them. This guy is the third person I've heard that can play one of those without sounding like they're swinging three cats by their tails above their head. The other two guys? Pepe and Danny Fitz. Whomever it is... is in some pretty good company. :worthy:

The final segment of the show was an exhibition by the Cabs Alumni... and it rained. People ran, the Cabs didn't, I didn't. If a corps is on the field and performing in it, I can sit there and enjoy it. I've been on the other side of it.

It was a really good run! I couldn't take notes in the downpour, I have to go by memory here.

One of the 'new' charts this season is their early '80's cover of "La Virgen de la Macarena", which is really, really well played.

The two other highlights of the Cabs show was an exceptional Mello quartet, and the percussion feature, which was really well grooved and musical.

Right now, it looks like my next two stops will be Nazareth (If the T-Birds run up the flag again) and Williamsport. I'm excited about the Championships moving closer, especially with the way the seasonal performance curve has been altering of late. It's getting a lot, lot steeper at the end now. Everyone be safe, stay healthy, maybe I'll see you around!

Hey, I had fun! The fact I ran in to Bob was a BIG plus!  Was great playing catch up with him!

This was MY first senior show in a few years, and the fact that it was less than a mile from my in-laws made it an easy stop! (other plans fell through for the weekend, so I made the trip up, and swam most of the day!)

Loved seeing others at the show, and enjoyed what I got to see!