Track The Corps

Academy will probably be fine. It tends to surge. 
2014: Passed up Crest about Atlanta, OC about Allentown, Spirit at the very end. 

2015 was a static year. Academy didn't pass anybody, didn't get passed.

2016: Passed up BAC about Minnesota and Scouts about Allentown. (Scouts had beaten Academy by 5 at the same opening show.)

Edited by candl

Despite all the wisdom here and any historical evidence presented, I'm going to accept current rankings as accurate whenever they happen to line up the way I like. That's the mature thing to do, right?

If I remember this time last year, late June early July, the consensus was, at least as I remember it.....

same top twelve as the previous year

Madison: show design a bit dark, but musically had some of the magic of 1999. 9th place, perhaps 8th.

Boston Crusaders: off to a late start, some design flaws. A few fewer windmills and a new design where the horn line would face the audience and serenade us with power when necessary and then finesse until Florida when some placed them as low as 15th. 

Blue Stars: too ambitious a musical book was the early prediction, not much better placement than previous year.

Crossmen off to a great start but probably would be 11th or 12th.

Academy: not on the radar screens yet.

In mid July and San Antonio it was pretty reasonable to assume Blue Stars and Crossmen would have a better year than some predicted, Academy would most likely be a first time finalist, BAC had the fight of it's life on its hands. It wasn't until Allentown that a potential last minute squeeze by BAC was a possibility. 

Many of us love numbers and graphs when it helps our arguments, some love history for the same reason. I like whichever works in my favor, but after last year and Academy surprising us all season and BAC edging in, and 2012 when Crossmen kept fighting, I like the element of surprise too. 

For this year, I think I'm hoping for another element of surprise between Academy, Madison, and Mandarins and since I want Madison in finals, really enjoy Academy, and have admiration and respect for Mandarins, I'm also expecting some indigestion since only one will be 12th or higher.

Actually, last year at Annapolis, BAC came out hitting their show much stronger. 

I was there and people were saying, "Wow, that got a lot better fast."

I think they had that outlier score in Quincy after that without many close corps for competition and gaps. 

Then everyone saw the improvement at Allentown and it was apparent they'd be fighting Madison for the last spot. 

• Like 1