Corps member getting kicked out

On 7/22/2020 at 6:10 PM, corps8294 said:

I was in the stands and I saw the drummer come running out. After they were done with their performance; the staff yanked him off the field right quick. They all looked pretty p*ssed off. 

Is there a video of this anywhere?

On 7/21/2020 at 6:22 PM, mingusmonk said:

I tend to agree with Don Pescone around 33:45 into this video. 

Pretty much regular kids representative of their peers.

"Pretty much regular kids representative of their peers" - written above a video whose static image is of people dressed in elephant costumes... 😀

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

"Pretty much regular kids representative of their peers" - .. 

As you try to explain to your non DC savvy peers what you did over the summer and get —> 🙄

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

Is there a video of this anywhere?

If there is, it’s either well hidden or unlisted. This was before the days of camera phones so video of the incident may not even exist. 

41 minutes ago, crownisking said:

If there is, it’s either well hidden or unlisted. This was before the days of camera phones so video of the incident may not even exist. 

I figured there may be some raw footage of finals floating around or something. If early season Cadets 2000s can be found I'm sure this incident is floating around somewhere. Lol.

1 minute ago, Incognito365 said:

I figured there may be some raw footage of finals floating around or something. If early season Cadets 2000s can be found I'm sure this incident is floating around somewhere. Lol.

I was thinking raw footage may be the only way of maybe seeing it. In that case, it’s probably well hidden. Maybe even destroyed. It was probably super easy to make video disappear forever back then since nothing was digital. 

I’ve heard this story told a million times over the years so I’ve been looking for this footage for a long time myself. Good luck, lol.

On 7/27/2020 at 12:31 AM, crownisking said:

I was thinking raw footage may be the only way of maybe seeing it. In that case, it’s probably well hidden. Maybe even destroyed. It was probably super easy to make video disappear forever back then since nothing was digital. 

I’ve heard this story told a million times over the years so I’ve been looking for this footage for a long time myself. Good luck, lol.

This?

We had a lead soprano player.............who got into a fist fight with the drum major in rehearsal 2 days before prelims............he was taken to the airport and sent home...........we had no alternate horn players, but we had an alternate guard member on tour.....she was small and I believe somewhere between 15-17 years old.  I look out later that night, and I start laughing, because there she is.....soprano in hand (of course, not playing), learning drill.  She is doing remarkably well.   At prelims, she marched as if she was in the spot all year long (didn't play a note, though....lol).....I think she was really happy to be out there...........still never found out what happened that caused the fight..............my guess is that they were probably both at fault.....

On 8/3/2020 at 12:54 PM, inbetween said:

This?

No I already knew about the lot videos. I was talking about the raw footage from the professional cameras inside the stadium during the actual performance. That footage likely doesn’t exist anymore as there really wouldn’t be any need for it 20 years later.

On 8/3/2020 at 2:23 PM, Bob984 said:

We had a lead soprano player.............who got into a fist fight with the drum major in rehearsal 2 days before prelims............he was taken to the airport and sent home...........we had no alternate horn players, but we had an alternate guard member on tour.....she was small and I believe somewhere between 15-17 years old.  I look out later that night, and I start laughing, because there she is.....soprano in hand (of course, not playing), learning drill.  She is doing remarkably well.   At prelims, she marched as if she was in the spot all year long (didn't play a note, though....lol).....I think she was really happy to be out there...........still never found out what happened that caused the fight..............my guess is that they were probably both at fault.....

Interesting. Granted, I never marched so I don’t know anything, but I always assumed a corps would sooner leave a hole on the field before they put someone out there just holding a horn.