Corps member getting kicked out

On 8/4/2020 at 5:44 PM, greg_orangecounty said:

Not necessarily.  Holes were very undesirable and people were put out there just to hold a horn and fill a vacant spot.  They were called "Plugs" in my era.  It was a tough job because often they had to learn quickly and at the last minute.  

Don't tell him about the arm-in-a-sling trick from back in the day.

oops....

• Haha 2

On 8/6/2020 at 1:01 AM, 84BDsop said:

Don't tell him about the arm-in-a-sling trick from back in the day.

oops....

Always liked the bitd story of putting a cigarette filter in the mouthpiece stem in case the fill in felt too full of themselves.

On 6/29/2017 at 9:36 AM, year1buick said:

In 92 we had a contra player that was sent home two weeks before Finals. Luckily they were able to bring in a vet who, until he got the call, had planned to take the summer off.

The exact same thing happened in ‘91, also.  Sure it wasn’t ‘91?  

Edited by Land_Surfer

Keep thinking about the guy kicked out of the Sr corps after practice one night. Bunch of us sitting at a restaurant at a long table. Guy at opposite far end of table asked him to pass the catsup. He passed it... like Brett Farve.. saw the bottle flew past my face and nail a glass. Guy who asked for the catsup HAD a nice suede jacket. Broken glass and drink all over it. Had to have been other stuff going on as never saw him again.

ok it was a bar with food and beer ruins suede very well.... but I was still in high school so told my folks I was late because my ride was hungry (and left out any other details). 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 4

• 2 years later...
On 6/29/2017 at 10:25 AM, BRASSO said:

staffers too. In any large competitive endeavor, involving literally thousands of participants, it is going to happen from time to time that people have been found to have broken the rules and must be sent packing as a consequence.

What happens when a marcher gets kicked out? Do they find an experienced marcher to learn the show in due notice and get placed in the corp? Are there already backups on hand?

Phantom Regiment in 1985 we had a member of the percussion section sent home late in the season. Not sure exactly but I believe it had to do with character not becoming of the corps.

I can think of about 6 or 8 or 29 times I should have been kicked out. I had a bit of a potty mouth in my youth. I'm much more eloquent in my swearing now. I be sure to add the *ing to F bombs instead of just *in. 

Edited by OldSnareDrummer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

52 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I can think of about 6 or 8 or 29 times I should have been kicked out. I had a bit of a potty mouth in my youth. I'm much more eloquent in my swearing now. I be sure to add the *ing to F bombs instead of just *in. 

I heard about people getting kicked out for weed.  Not in my corps but other corps. I remember people hiding it in those tall shakos. I guess they figured that silly thing was good for something.  I remember seeing someone pulling their stash out of that ugly hat behind the trees in Whitewater and firing up.  

• Haha 5