Muncie Madness - June 30, 2017

2 minutes ago, WVCorpsPhan said:

THIS. 

Yeah but he sucked....at least that night.   I have found zero instances where this vocalist has done that.   Maybe its out there, but I haven't heard it.   I would hate to give back my music degree because my ears no longer work.    

2 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

I think Crown is this years Cadets of 2015. Champion level kids but a lacking show. They could definitely take a caption or two but 4th is most likely their cap. Keep in mind this is a transition year for them so some design missfires are to be expected. However it's still early, I'd love to be proven wrong.

I'm cool with this opinion.  I kind of agree to some level.  If the design lacks then it lacks.....  but let's not blame their problems on singing....cause that's not it.  I get the show...but obviously there are some design issues if that hasn't come across to others.   It should be clear as day to everyone.   (unless you are BD in which case you get benefit of the doubt)   I think Crown is a 3rd place corps this year with an Ott level hornline again.  There is no shame in that.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

RIP ear drums.  

explosion-animation.gif

And that was only Level 3 (Indoor Max) from Bloo.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DCImonkey said:

I'm cool with this opinion.  I kind of agree to some level.  If the design lacks then it lacks.....  but let's not blame their problems on singing....cause that's not it.  I get the show...but obviously there are some design issues if that hasn't come across to others.   It should be clear as day to everyone.   (unless you are BD in which case you get benefit of the doubt)   I think Crown is a 3rd place corps this year with an Ott level hornline again.  There is no shame in that.  

I think SCV gets in the medals this year.  That's a great show

• Like 3

You guys are all such amazing critics of design that you should be out there judging! 

Crown will be fine. It's only June 30th. Most of the keyboard show designers hated Cabaret Voltaire and then it won. When the show is finished (newsflash, it's not) it will be top 2. 

It's an unfinished show that's scoring fine (if top 3 can be considered fine) and it has limitless room to grow thanks to the art form that is deconstructionism.

Come back after Atlanta. If they're not in the top 3 I will gladly admit I was wrong but let's stop pretending that the show is a dumpster fire because you don't get the unfinished product yet. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DCImonkey said:

Whether it be gold horns, trampolines, or singers Crown has bounced back from bad design. 3rd is definitely possible with their talent, just need to make some smart choices. It's still very early though so we'll see.

• Like 3

All I want for Christmas is the Bluecoats to do the ballad like that. Just.....yes.

• Like 6

Raise your hand if you thought that the Mandarins would top Academy by 2 points and be less than 3 points from Phantom Regiment tonite out on the West Coast.

• Like 2

Biggest take away from the night was Crown's battery is not effing around. So aggressive and tight. Love their intensity. 

• Like 3