Muncie Madness - June 30, 2017

Just now, cadet93 said:

Bloo so bland without electronics lol

Did we listen to the same thing? I love hearing just brass sound come through, they sounded absolutely amazing.

• Like 9

I'm out. Great group of corps tonight. Most impressive for me were Coats, most enjoyed Madison and most improved Boston. I also very much enjoyed the entire show, disappointed it became a standstill but it does give you a chance to focus just on the music 

• Like 2

You guys know how much of a Crown homer I am, but I believe the design team struck out big time this year and that's on them. I kinda feel the same with the Bluecoats as well, though not to the same degree. I was holding out judgement until I heard the rest of the closer. It's just not doing it for me this season Crown. And having watched the corps through spring training, trust me whenever i say it's been an interesting spring. Plenty of time to grow, but ultimate lately this show lacks GE big time 

• Like 3

Anyone that hates pits.....sure would have had their minds changed tonight.  It's amazing the colors they add.   

• Like 5

Just now, DrumManTx said:

I had an absolute blast listening to it bare bones.  

THAT'S what makes DCI what it is: wonderfully talented musicians playing their hearts out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

I guess the vocal haters are all on DCP and not at the arena, given the ovation. 

Except we all loved BAC's vocalist. I see us more as vocal discerners.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

It's oddly lifeless. Incredibly talented kids though!

Agree. I give this young lady credit. Its not her fault.. none of it. Amazing brass, percussion line however once again a Crown. And the Guard is surprisingly good too this season at Crown too.. It just shows how important the adult created show designs are in DCI competition, imo. That said, with the amazing MM talent in Crown once again this season, it would not surprise me at all if Crown just missed out on a medal, and finishes 4th this summer with this show.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

Just now, DCImonkey said:

Anyone that hates pits.....sure would have had their minds changed tonight.  It's amazing the colors they add.   

They have always been the most underappreciated part of the corps. Hopefully shows like tonight will show people how much these kids actually mean to the shows.

• Like 3