Muncie Madness - June 30, 2017

1 minute ago, Newseditor44 said:

You guys know how much of a Crown homer I am, but I believe the design team struck out big time this year and that's on them. I kinda feel the same with the Bluecoats as well, though not to the same degree. I was holding out judgement until I heard the rest of the closer. It's just not doing it for me this season Crown. And having watched the corps through spring training, trust me whenever i say it's been an interesting spring. Plenty of time to grow, but ultimate lately this show lacks GE big time 

Sounds like a 6th place corps of last year...

• Like 1

My take aways on the night....

1) Really glad I turned around 30 minutes into a 3 hour drive to Muncie (and 3 back)
2) I think Madison made some very brave decisions...and they're going to pay off.
3) Boston is already so far past 12th place they can't even see it in their rear view mirrors.
4) Troops "Nessun Dorma" works inside/outside/on the bus/in a mall/in a gym.
5) A standstill after a rainout sure beats NO STANDSTILL...Allentown nods affirmative.
6) Good job FloMarching

and....................I really like Bluecoats

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Except we all loved BAC's vocalist. I see us more as vocal discerners.

Funny cause as much as I liked BAC's show I like Crown's vocalist better.  Maybe being married to a choir teacher has affected me too much.  It's all opinions though....we like what we like.

• Like 4

Just now, kinetic inferno11 said:

Sounds like a 6th place corps of last year...

They're good enough technically to keep them in the top 3, but they're going to get killed in GE, which will be the reason they won't get close to a championship this season. The frustrating thing is they have the talent on both the staff and the memebership. 

• Like 4

Just now, DCImonkey said:

Funny cause as much as I liked BAC's show I like Crown's vocalist better.  Maybe being married to a choir teacher has affected me too much.  It's all opinions though....we like what we like.

I had the same opinion lol. Cadets use is still genius in my mind but I like the use of Crown's vocalist more than Boston. I am a percussionist though so "no one to know one" is the part of the show I love most. I still haven't heard a bad vocalist though in DCI!

Show of hands...who doesn't wish they heard the Music For All percussion live and in person!! That totally ROCKED!!!

1 minute ago, Kevin. said:

Sounds like Crown is going to be a punching bag this season, but that's a monster corps.  Looking forward to seeing what the season holds 

I've got a few seconds, so what did you like about the singing?  IMO the voice ruins a perfectly great brass ensemble.  Just because they can doesn't mean they should and if the singer needs the front ensemble for support well nuf said. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DCImonkey said:

I feel like SOME (not all) of the preference may come from the BAC hype train this year. People really want them to place high this year, so they look for all the positives in the show, and she is definitely one of them. Not a problem with that at all either, they sounded REALLY good tonight.

• Like 1