Muncie Madness - June 30, 2017

I know I'm in the minority here, but I actually really enjoy the vocalist in the ballad. It's the Akiho piece that I don't enjoy, and it's not because of the singing... I'm just not a big fan of Akiho's work. All the same, I think she does a fine job and I certainly love hearing that ballad as-is. 

• Like 3

Just now, Poppycock said:

I've got a few seconds, so what did you like about the singing?  IMO the voice ruins a perfectly great brass ensemble.  Just because they can doesn't mean they should and if the singer needs the front ensemble for support well nuf said. 

Not a lot, but as others have said, that's a talented corps.  I'm looking forward to seeing what they do.  Thought that was kinda clear. 

4 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

I've got a few seconds, so what did you like about the singing?  IMO the voice ruins a perfectly great brass ensemble.  Just because they can doesn't mean they should and if the singer needs the front ensemble for support well nuf said. 

For what it's worth, they did cut part of the vocalists lines in the ballad... I doubt more will be cut but they are giving the brass some room to show off some finesse.

Awful lot of Simon Cowell's up in here sitting by their laptops with chromatic tuners lol    

I haven't heard any vocals that I haven't liked this year other than that guy talking in Cavies shows about his selfie.   That's just dumb

• Like 4

I still can't help but to think that Cown has something up their sleeve yet with the deconstruction theme that will make us all go, "Oh!" when it's there.  It's obvious to me that the singing, and perhaps even some of the dissonance of it MIGHT have meaning to the theme.  

The issue is, even when it 'makes sense' will it be compelling enough to get us past the early perceptions and experiences of it? 

And if there isn't, and it never clicks, then will we be scratching our heads at it wondering what it could have been?  I'm still sort of doing that over BK last year....

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

I still can't help but to think that Cown has something up their sleeve yet with the deconstruction theme that will make us all go, "Oh!" when it's there.  It's obvious to me that the singing, and perhaps even some of the dissonance of it MIGHT have meaning to the theme.  

The issue is, even when it 'makes sense' will it be compelling enough to get us past the early perceptions and experiences of it? 

And if there isn't, and it never clicks, then will we be scratching our heads at it wondering what it could have been?  I'm still sort of doing that over BK last year....

Time will tell!