No "IOWA"?

I was at the Hamilton show and noticed- to my disappointment- that Cavies didn't play their bass cadence "Iowa" as they exited the field.  When did they ditch it?  And why would they?  One of coolest hype moments of an entire DCI night is the crowd clapping along to Iowa as the Cavies left the field.  I understand that corps don't troop the stands anymore due to all the props and stuff (too bad, I always loved hearing the cadences as a fan and as a corps member in the 90's it felt great to get the up-close applause), but why can't we at least get Iowa?  Those lost elements are the very things that made DCI feel like the "big leagues" IMO, added a lot of entertainment and cool-factor.  

7 minutes ago, Guitar1974 said:

I was at the Hamilton show and noticed- to my disappointment- that Cavies didn't play their bass cadence "Iowa" as they exited the field.  When did they ditch it?  And why would they?  One of coolest hype moments of an entire DCI night is the crowd clapping along to Iowa as the Cavies left the field.  I understand that corps don't troop the stands anymore due to all the props and stuff (too bad, I always loved hearing the cadences as a fan and as a corps member in the 90's it felt great to get the up-close applause), but why can't we at least get Iowa?  Those lost elements are the very things that made DCI feel like the "big leagues" IMO, added a lot of entertainment and cool-factor.  

How did I miss that in Michigan City?  I love Iowa! 

It seems they could organize it so 5 bass drums could be left to play them off... Iowa was a tradition for decades.  I'd think the current members would want to clapped off the field every night.  I'm just surprised they ditched it.

1 hour ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Shoes in a dryer is what I always called it but all drums are helping move stages after the show. 

Lol...shoes in a dryer.

To be honest, I had to click on the title to see what IOWA meant :43_slight_frown:  Now that I do, I'm a little sad and agree with @Guitar1974 about freeing up the bass drums to play them off...

2 hours ago, Guitar1974 said:

Agree with your post. 

Feel cheated. 

3 hours ago, Guitar1974 said:

As is the loss of the last semblance of retreat, as drum majors no longer re-enter the field for scores.