No "IOWA"?

I am very DISAPPOINTED to hear this. I know it sounds crazy but, of all the recent changes, losing that classic Cavaliers exit cadence really hurts!  Having enjoyed that beat countless times over many decades, hearing this still gives me a tear in my eye.  There HAS to be an alternate group of volunteers to help with the equipment!

3 hours ago, Guitar1974 said:

I was at the Hamilton show and noticed- to my disappointment- that Cavies didn't play their bass cadence "Iowa" as they exited the field.   

Never knew that the Cavies had a name for their exit march from the field, but that goes back to the 50's probably.  A classic and without seeing the corps, you knew who it was.  There are a few Cavies drum instructors from decades ago rolling over in their graves I imagine.  Too bad.

• Like 1

Yes- there wasn't a drum major retreat- they just announced the scores.  Everyone in the stands just looked at each other and went home.  Lots of remarks about it being really anti-climatic.  I know full retreats have been done away with long ago, but at least with drum major retreats there was something to clap for haha... 

4 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Shoes in a dryer is what I always called it but all drums are helping move stages after the show. 

I guess it wasn't hipster enough lol 

• Like 2

I remember in the 90s, I was once told that this cadence messed up a woman in the audiences pacemaker, and she had to leave the stadium after the last note of their show before they exited the field.

• Like 1