Lovely Lisle - July 1 2017

I'm not sure GE is sewn up. Bloo is great but SCV is also on fire.  They've implemented a lot of Bloo's design success with one heck of a visual book.  Not sure they can rise to the top that quickly though---kinda reminds me of Bloo's coming out party, TILT. 

Then there's BD, who does so well in GE year-to-year that you actually go back and try to figure out what GE is because you just don't get it.  Any way you look at it, I think it's going to be a competitive and interesting season.  I approve!

Edited by Kevin.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Cavaliers doesn't feel like a musical show to me. There are almost no sustained playing sections. And I am not a fan of their message, either, but that's just me.

What is "the message" exactly? Not sure I get it really

54 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

That is the tangible benefit of being the "it" corps. But it also is the result of purposefully making shows for the kids who are marching. Very clear they want the kids to perform like they are having a blast. There is something very infectious when a performer knows the audience is going to love them and is eager to cheer at all the right moments.

Tilt and DSU were, for me, more fun shows to watch, but in the context of this season this show is really only challenged in parts by two or three other shows. I saw the rumor that this show might originally be called Non Stop, and I can see why.

Bluecoats should repeat. It's just not going to be possible to beat them in GE.

Why isn't it possible to beat Bluecoats in GE?  I've never understood how that caption is judged. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Hey kids!  We're spontaneously driving to LaCrosse today.  Bought tickets to the show online (got remarkably good seats), booked a hotel downtown, and off we go.  

We have about 250 miles to LaCrosse, a full tank of gas, no half pack of a cigarettes, it's light out, we're wearing sunglasses and Bloo swag..

Hit it, Jim...

AWESOME!!! Have a great time!! My aunt and her husband are going to this show. She is a regular attendee to this show!! 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Believe it or not, neither of us has ever been to LaCrosse,

You are going to love the view from the stadium! Quite possibly one of the most picturesque venues in the activity! 

Edited by corps8294
  • Like 1