Lovely Lisle - July 1 2017

73.600 is a nice jump for Rosemont!

• Like 3

Nice increase by the Blue Stars, pulling away from Madison after being only half a point ahead!

Okay, after viewing the Periscope of BLOO, it is clear that the ballad has been majorly revised from a sound engineer's perspective. 

1. Before, when the corps turned around, the audio from the back field mics started low, then progressively got louder, and then faded away.

2. Now, when the corps turns around, the audio is at MAX levels, and STAYS there the entire way through the end of the ballad. It is A WALL OF SOUND now. And it is beautiful. My bet is that they are looking to add an echo effect at the end, to achieve the same effect they were trying acoustically before. We will see. Ballad has been MUCH IMPROVED.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, superOOk said:

Okay, after viewing the Periscope of BLOO, it is clear that the ballad has been majorly revised from a sound engineer's perspective. 

1. Before, when the corps turned around, the audio from the back field mics started low, then progressively got louder, and then faded away.

2. Now, when the corps turns around, the audio is at MAX levels, and STAYS there the entire way through the end of the ballad. It is A WALL OF SOUND now. And it is beautiful. My bet is that they are looking to add an echo effect at the end, to achieve the same effect they were trying acoustically before. We will see. Ballad has been MUCH IMPROVED.

Oddly enough, that is how I first heard the ballad and was blown away. The eventual increase in sound and fade came shortly after. Everything old is new again! 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Oddly enough, that is how I first heard the ballad and was blown away. The eventual increase in sound and fade came shortly after. Everything old is new again! 

Yeah I think I was there with you at that Denison run. It was amazing. Crowd LOVED it tonight. I think it's a keeper.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

7 point deficit in achievement vs. content for Boston (and 6 for Bloo) while posting a high content number.  Great news as they have a ton of time to clean.

With regards to Bloo, there is just SO MUCH going on right now. The designers keep adding layers upon layers. It's a bit insane if you try to follow everything that is going on.

• Like 1