Drum Corps at the Rose Bowl - July 1, 2017

Just now, N.E. Brigand said:

Yeah. I don't want to be ableist, but corps benefit from having bipedal performers.

I kept thinking of those things from the one Narnia Chronicles book that hop around on one giant foot and giggling.  It even read that way live when I saw them at Annapolis..

good writing and brass but i'm just not getting it.  it plays and then stops.  hate the drill!

Sounded like BK lost their power in the last movement, blew out when they went to their rotating square. 

I know it's their thing but I wish they would do more accessible shows. That One Second is one of my all time favorite DCI shows.

• Like 1

Im a big scv fan. Every year im worried that theyll do a show i wont like. Every year they find a way to make their show my favorite. This year included. Maybe i like the shows because im a fan, but maybe i like the corps because they do shows i like. Idk. But this is a fun and aggressive show that i cannot wait to see live. From guard to drill to visual design to percussion to high mid and low brass, its all there. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hughesmr said:

Oh, no ... SCV speaker placement :39_angry:

We'll see how it goes, they were superbly placed and used last night compared to the field.

20 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

It's from Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No. 2, which All By Myself is based on.

And if you want a good drum corps version of All By Myself, check out the Colts 2012 closer. I saw it live and it got a well-deserved standing O.

And if you want something really special, check out the clip of the girl singing this song on that old tv show that was like American Idol, but the goal was  to pick the worst singer.  All I can say is "here we go"!

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

Sounded like BK lost their power in the last movement, blew out when they went to their rotating square. 

I know it's their thing but I wish they would do more accessible shows. That One Second is one of my all time favorite DCI shows.

I agree.  That One Second was their best show yet.

• Like 1