2017 Corps at the Crest - San Diego (*Oceanside), CA

Outstanding review... thanks for all the photos and the repertoire lists!!!

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

Thank you for the best review I have ever read on this site,I agree with almost every word.It was indeed a fantastic night for drum corps. I suffered the traffic, too and missed the first corps, parking in the next county. Don't understand why Pacific Crest doesn't score higher. It was the same story last year.SCV  has a truly exceptional show deign. They might go all the way.Blue Knights are classy.Academy is a lot of fun. I have a problem with amping the entire ensemble the way Phantom and SCV does .Believe it pushes the envelope and raises the bar  in a way that is not beneficial to the activity. PR was actually too load. 80 horns provides sufficient volume to get desired GE. BTW,I  have not posted in years  and am a long-time Cadet supporter/volunteer who moved to OC only 4 months ago from NJ.. Have attended 14 DCI Finals including the two in Philly in the 70's. It is going to be a heck of a season.

Edited by Frank B Mulvaney
  • Like 1