So it's the beginning of July. We've got a pretty good idea what most of the corps are doing and what many of them have achieved so far.  The sleek new uniforms have been revealed, crazy props dragged all over the field, and people are lining up the strollers in the front row in baby-throwing anticipation.  I'm always lurking and reading, and from what I can tell, these are the 5 corps with the most hype right now.

(In no particular order)

Mandarins - These guys have been slowly building a contender the past few years. They've got a great show design and performers that are keeping up with the demand Can they push their way into the top 12 this year? 

Bluecoats - Their show design is top notch. They're using that zig-zaggy prop in crazy creative ways. You won't be able to buy a bowler hat anywhere in the US come August.

Blue Devils - A brass book that's got more runs than after a trip to Taco Bell. The visual is a step behind, but they are already executing at a high level. No one ever counts out BD.

SCV - A really complete show design with medalist potential. They're easily keeping up with BD's scores out on the west coast. The circles are the bomb and they use them SO well.

Boston Crusaders - They've been running with the new staff hype for a while, and so far they've delivered. Great music and high visual demand. How far up can they go?

What do you think? Did I miss someone?  Is there a corps that we haven't seen yet that'll make even bigger waves? (OC, Cascades, Surf) This is just my opinion, feel free to debate and discuss.

• Like 1

I like Crossmen's show more this year than last, but I'm not sure if there's any room above them.

• Like 3

WHAT IS HYPE MAY NEVER DIE!!!!! 

...oh wait, this isn't the Game of Thrones forum.... wrong hype train. Although a corps should do a Cleganebowl show.....

For the topic at hand, my most hyped are SCV and Boston. I really love SCV's show this year, and seeing them this close to BD last night was awesome! I haven't seen Boston's show yet (curse you, weather!), but I am hype for the music alone. I love me some Scythian Suite, and their version of "Wicked Game" is to die for!

45 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I like Crossmen's show more this year than last, but I'm not sure if there's any room above them.

Agree about Crossmen, probably their best show in years. 

Edited by ShouldveMarchedAgeOut
  • Like 2

I think it difficult at this stage, but I really feel like there is still much more to come from the Cadets.  There are some really special moments in this year's show.  If they start to connect them, then I think they might be on this HYPE thread.  We shall see.

• Like 2

Spirit of Atlanta opened just a point away from Colts and Troopers at their first show. With a few more shows under their belt, they may be able to solidify themselves as a contender for the Top 15.

• Like 1

In the end, I think folks will be talking about...

1. Mandarins (making finals)

2. SCV (medal)

3. BAC and Cadets (battle)

4.  Phantom and Madison 

5. ...and maybe Crossmen's success. 

Edited by xbones7480
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Western Burger said:

Boston Crusaders - They've been running with the new staff hype for a while, and so far they've delivered. Great music and high visual demand. How far up can they go?

Well since this is a hype thread...

Eat 'em up BOSTON!

25462822.jpg

I'm just a little excited..ya think?  ...haha

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 1