Cedarburg WI Rotary Music Festival

1 hour ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Mind-blowing fact of the day: Pioneer scored 3.1 points higher than Jersey Surf did today. Yes, different scores from different shows, but still interesting.

Anybody know the last time Pioneer did not post the lowest score on a single day of World Class/Division I competition, regardless of not going head-to-head with that corps?

Good for them!  Two more mind-blowing facts:   Music City scored 6.9 points higher than Jersey Surf and 4.1 points higher than Pioneer.  With a score of 59.40 Music City moved to the top of Open Class. 

1 hour ago, mfrontz said:

Madison dedicated tonight's encore performance of 'You'll Never Walk Alone' to Phantom.

A class act.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

With a score of 59.40 Music City moved to the top of Open Class. 

If we don't count The Company. (Very curious to see how UK scores translate when they cross the pond at the end of the month.)

3 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Heck yes! Usually store brand products are not very good, but HEB's is pretty darn good

They also own the Joe-Vs store.  They have almost everything that HEB has but cheaper.  Most are in  lower income neighborhoods that desperately need grocery stores.  So many other chains have closed their stores leaving low-income people with few options.  HEB is giving back to the community by making it's good store brands affordable. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

When is everyone's next live show?  Mine will be Centerville Ohio on August 1.

Minneapolis July 8.

Scores keep rising, as expected. Anyone able to comment on the performances?

6 hours ago, Ghost said:

Especially Boston's 1.7 jump.

This is reminding me of the old days score wise (close).  Should be one Hell of a end of 2017 just saying.

8 hours ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

Good for them!  Two more mind-blowing facts:   Music City scored 6.9 points higher than Jersey Surf and 4.1 points higher than Pioneer.  With a score of 59.40 Music City moved to the top of Open Class. 

As a Nashvillian, I don't know how I feel about this. When I saw Music City last year at Vandy, they seemed to be close to world class size, but from a show standpoint, they were very basic. So are they this much better, or is Open Class now not nearly as good as it used to be?

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

As a Nashvillian, I don't know how I feel about this. When I saw Music City last year at Vandy, they seemed to be close to world class size, but from a show standpoint, they were very basic. So are they this much better, or is Open Class now not nearly as good as it used to be?

Based on what I've seen from them, I think they're much improved. Remember, they're looking to become a World Class corps next season, so they're going to need the show and competitive results to match.