Beanpot Invitational Lynn, MA July 4th

Just now, BRASSO said:

Well, that doesn't " suck " for me, as I'm ok with it, my friend.. and I have no issues with you liking it either. Glad you do.

What did you think of the other Corps there tonite ? I commented on them as well. Did it " suck " for you that I liked them, or are you ok with it, either way ?

I don't know. I wasn't there. I saw the other corps the other night in Clifton and I liked them all as I said in their threads. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Absolutely, imo. 

Cadets still have talent, but the show still is pretty unemotional and rather plodding and dull, imo.  That said, they are scoring very well, and when they put in their closer, the show won't end so abruptly, and could generate better audience appeal with that.

Generating emotion and audience appeal is solely in the eyes of the beholder.   They got me with Simple Song.  And with the closer.  And do not confuse letting a song develop means plodding.   If it does, then I will gladly accept plodding shows mving forward.  And we (assuming you are not there) are not there live.  Really difficult to tell what the actual reaction was.  I will of course reserve all judgment until I see them live.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, shofmon88 said:

Sounds like Crown is very slightly amplifying their entire hornline, similar to how Phantom is this season. I can hear the distortion of horns coming through their monitors.

Lovely. Too little or too much electronics tonight.

1 minute ago, oldsnare said:

DCI should have mandatory date for a completed show, and it shouldn't be July 15th - 18th. 

Perhaps you're unaware but many corps add new endings to their shows during the season. Cadets show is currently already longer than most at 12 minutes ish 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phillygwm said:

One of the best hornlines in DCI and they're backing up a mediocre vocalist for half the show.

Mediocre? She sounded pretty good to me at the Clifton show. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, shofmon88 said:

Sounds like Crown is very slightly amplifying their entire hornline, similar to how Phantom is this season. I can hear the distortion of horns coming through their monitors.

I'm not watching the stream but I've seen them live 3 times and didn't notice any amplification.