Beanpot Invitational Lynn, MA July 4th

I understand what they're trying to do with all the white props, but it looks like BD's PVC house from a few years ago exploded and they didn't bother to clean it up.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 2

Just now, 2000Cadet said:

Mediocre? She sounded pretty good to me at the Clifton show. 

She seems a bit off-pitch tonight.  I wasn't in Clifton.  But, even if she were Idina Menzel, I'd rather hear the hornline.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Phillygwm said:

One of the best hornlines in DCI and they're backing up a mediocre vocalist for half the show.

Regardless of her quality, a human voice has been shown over and over again that it doesn't mesh very well with drum corps. Why do corps keep doing this?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tony L. said:

Generating emotion and audience appeal is solely in the eyes of the beholder.   They got me with Simple Song.  And with the closer.  And do not confuse letting a song develop means plodding.   If it does, then I will gladly accept plodding shows mving forward.  And we (assuming you are not there) are not there live.  Really difficult to tell what the actual reaction was.  I will of course reserve all judgment until I see them live.  

Well when your a Boston honk your emotions are a bit biased. that's all his comment is about. Boston fans should be worry more about Crossmen and less about Cadets. Because. Well, it ain't happening 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

Perhaps you're unaware but many corps add new endings to their shows during the season. Cadets show is currently already longer than most at 12 minutes ish 

I am aware of how it works, but there is a difference in having to change something because it didn't work and putting something in there just until you get the "real" one. 

Got to watch Carolina Crown/Cadets on my phone.  In terms of my personal taste, a lot I like and a lot I do not like in both shows.   Lots of "wow that was amazing!" and lots of cringe and discomfort.   

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 4