Where do scores come from?

Scores are something that come from the very small brains of something called a khaki-saurus. These slow creatures have to think way in advance, so typically they are working on their scores months before the competitive season begins, so they can attempt to get it right and give people the possibility to think they are very intelligent. In fact if you ask any typical khaki-saurus today, they can probably tell you the name of the 2018 champion.

• Like 2

Scores are put in the oven at 450 degrees until they are thoroughly cooked all over. Sometimes the scores must be turned over,. so they are not burnt. Only when the scores are properly cooked are they then released to the public.

I think thats how we get the scores anyway... or.... maybe they are frozen in the fridge, then defrosted, before the scores are cooked. I'm not sure, now that I think about it.

Once ready, the scores are flown by carrier pigeons to Indy's DCI HQ, verified by the Law Firm of Dewey , Screwum & Howe, then put out on CNN where Wolf Blitzer provdes the scores, then goes to a NY panel of very smart, high paid analysts to tell us again what the scores were and what it all means to all those people living west of the Potomac River.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Men are from Mars, women are from Venus, scores are from Saturn.

Hmm. I thought the scores were typically pulled from Uranus.

(Sorry, you set up such an obvious bad joke, I had to go there:-)

Edited by combia1

Not sure myself but you get bonus points for throwing an axe at percussion judges.

7 minutes ago, Sideways said:

Not sure myself but you get bonus points for throwing an axe at percussion judges.

When ticked off at a particular judge, our drum line tossed a pair of snare sticks or from the horn line, a few pairs of white gloves at the feet of the judge who we felt screwed us..

Oh-oh ... looks like we need to have 'The Talk', son....

2 hours ago, combia1 said:

Hmm. I thought the scores were typically pulled from Uranus.

(Sorry, you set up such an obvious bad joke, I had to go there:-)

Can't like your post because someone else beat you to the joke.

1 hour ago, Sideways said:

Yes, its true, some fans have been known to have an ax to grind re, the scores over the years. One is not allowed to toss an axe onto the field at a judge however.

You can toss babies out onto the field though if you like the scores. Its a decades long tradition in DCI.

Edited by BRASSO

5 hours ago, skevinp said:

I think both are acceptable, but the former is preferred by academicians who get tired of having their lectures interrupted by giggles.  

But hey, it's Uranus.  I'm not going to tell you how to pronounce it.

Yes, but Uranus is my favorite planet. I want to move there. :)

For the most part, I believe the judges have integrity and score as they see it. Cavies scored low when they were down, Madison missed finals, Boston is being rewarded, as they should. What I don't understand is how Content can be say a 68 one night and a 63 the following. That's the subjective part I guess.