Class A finals

Tough for which ever corps was going to be good enough for fourth place and thus Finals but now will miss out.

Well now that Excelsior went inactive for the season there\s only 5 Class A corps so having 3 in finals is more then half the corps .

According to the rulebook, the number of Class A finalists is supposed to be decided prior to the start of the season. I suppose these are extenuating circumstances though.

1 hour ago, Spandy said:

According to the rulebook, the number of Class A finalists is supposed to be decided prior to the start of the season. I suppose these are extenuating circumstances though.

If the rulebook states as you say Spandy, someone dropping out shouldn't punish someone who's stuck out the season.

3 hours ago, BigW said:

If the rulebook states as you say Spandy, someone dropping out shouldn't punish someone who's stuck out the season.

It's DCA. rules can and have been amended on the fly...like 11th place getting into finals because their color guard was undefeated ( see 1986)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Southern Knights said:

Did I miss something? Where or when did the Class A finalist number change from 4 to 3?

It hasn't happened. Yet.

But some people pointed out that Excelsior withdrawing this year reduced the total number of Class A corps to the same as last year, when there were only three finalists. However, as Spandy observes, the rules apparently direct that the number should not change midseason.

17 hours ago, Spandy said:

June 1st is the class declaration date, and then determination was made, being 4 this year.  Although, DCA can (and does) break their own rules----as example, no fines for some corps, allowing North American corps to be displaced from finals competition by none-North American corps....Hucs, Carolina Gold, Kilts, etc. have felt the sting of that over the years; by charter, DCA is for North American corps.