Class A finals

3 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

Why do you care you don't have a horse in the race. I welcome Kidsgrove to DCA. The fans actually like and enjoy them. Thanks for coming Kids look forward to seeing you. 

The interesting thing is... They're coming over 2 weeks ahead of time.  They'll be in the Reading show.  They'll have a DCA score to enter Finals weekend with.  I'm not sure of the normal rules for going to finals, it's 2 shows worth of scores I believe?  But obviously they don't have that much time to be over here, and being international, I commend them for being able to come over for the Reading show and practice and tour for a week.  

I think it'd be neat if DCUK or Europe, whichever is right after DCA's would extend an invite to the DCA previous year champion to go over and compete.  I just remember seeing Kidsgrove's post for needing a snare drummer and it being for US and Europe finals.  

I mean, we're all for building the activity, right?  What's wrong with some healthy international competition?

• Like 4

Just now, Southern Knights said:

There are 5  left standing for this year...

Fair enough, I went with the post stating 4... In any event, good luck to all that make it to Rochester!

I am so happy I asked how many Class A corps are in finals this year....    :)

BTW, Mn show was really good tonight. The steel drum band was a real nice touch. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, larry p said:

I am so happy I asked how many Class A corps are in finals this year....    :)

BTW, Mn show was really good tonight. The steel drum band was a real nice touch. 

instead of having the 11 place corps in ex.DCA should look into a steel band to play for the crowd ,they be dancing in the stands  LOL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Minnesota scores:

1st – Minnesota Brass, 77.30 (-1.00)

A Class

1st – Govenaires, 72.50
2 lnd – Chops Inc, 64.35

Looks like  a battle brewing to stay out of 5th place ,the ownly corps that will not move on to finals Bravo to all corps for giving us great shows this season .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Florida Sun said:

Looks like  a battle brewing to stay out of 5th place ,the ownly corps that will not move on to finals Bravo to all corps for giving us great shows this season .

Why not have 5th place play in exhibition then somewhere?  If 11th place in the Open gets an exhibition...