Marvelous Minnesota, July 8

On 7/7/2017 at 8:44 AM, barigirl78 said:

Don't be surprised if the Flomarching telecast of the Crossmen gets messed up.  Here's my season history so far:

• Try to watch Crossmen in movie theater:  theater forgets to turn on the stream until 2/3rds through their show
  • Try to see them live in Allentown:  show rained out
  • Sign up for subscription just before Beanpot:  Sound problems during beginning of Crossmen show.
  • Minnesota?  We'll see what happens this time.

I'm hoping that you have a painless view tonight! 

On 7/6/2017 at 9:06 PM, henry7184 said:

Madison vs Blue Stars vs Regiment too. That's going to be an interesting match up. I think Madison will be ahead of Academy and Troopers. Haven't they already beaten Troopers?

Where's Crossmen going to end up tonight?

I am at a youth soccer game only miles from SCVs housing location...so tempted to bolt...

• Like 1

On 7/6/2017 at 0:53 PM, Northern Thunder said:

I get to go to this one, and then go into the hospital Monday for lung surgery (third time collapsed lung...not good for a brass player, or anybody interesting in breathing.)

Hopefully all the drum corps thrills won't take any more air out of them!

Hope all goes well! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 3PoC said:

SCV v Bloo: My top 2 personal favorites this summer so far. Both shows have great design and are working well to be highly engaging from beginning to end. To my eye/ear Bloo has a higher demand package in some key areas and are executing it better overall at the moment. Timing and environmental demand plus the relentless combo of athleticism and dance/body movement exposure throughout the bloo viz book will be tough for anyone to top this year imo. Vanguard has a good bit of body demand but they have less depth in their movement vocabulary and don't quite yet have the dimension of personality and character (emotional connection/projection) in their performance at the level of bloo's Fosse/silent movie stylistic vocabulary.  SCV would need to out GE or out perc/brass/CG caption them to win and that would take a performance a bit beyond where I think SCV is at the moment. The judges may see things differently but my guess is Bloo up by between 1-2 points at this time.

Environmental demand - what does this mean?

movement vocabulary- what does this mean?

stylistic vocabulary- what does this mean?

I don't mean to be sassy but I don't understand what you mean. I think I'm pretty good at the English language but it's almost like you're taking two words that don't go together and mashing them to sound sophisticated or something. Like color volume. 

• Like 2

Troopers  68.5

Academy 70.2

Madison   72.3

Blue Stars 72.6

Phantom  73.9

Crossmen   75.1

SCV 79.6

Coats 80.6

• Like 2