Troopers  68.5

Academy 70.2

Madison   72.3

Blue Stars 72.6

Phantom  73.9

Crossmen   75.1

SCV 79.6

Coats 80.6

You've got access to the scores already? Amazing!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Environmental demand - what does this mean?

movement vocabulary- what does this mean?

stylistic vocabulary- what does this mean?

I don't mean to be sassy but I don't understand what you mean. I think I'm pretty good at the English language but it's almost like you're taking two words that don't go together and mashing them to sound sophisticated or something. Like color volume. 

Are you serious? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

Is this show setting up the seeding for San Antonio? 

was wondering that too. How is San Antonio lineup decided?

8 minutes ago, westcoastblue said:

Are you serious? 

Completely serious. Are you?

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Environmental demand - what does this mean?

movement vocabulary- what does this mean?

stylistic vocabulary- what does this mean?

I don't mean to be sassy but I don't understand what you mean. I think I'm pretty good at the English language but it's almost like you're taking two words that don't go together and mashing them to sound sophisticated or something. Like color volume. 

I'll bite:

Environmental demand -> trying to play together at large spreads.  Or weird listening challenges, like playing backfield at the corner an being in time with the pit. Or playing with a huge stage separating the corps.

Movt vocab -> Different marching techniques. slow. fast. Jazz running down stairs in time. As opposed to scatter set drill with everyone doing their own thing.

Style vocab -> Portraying different emotions or techniques?  Could be a guard thing.  

These and similar phrases appear on judges sheets/tapes throughout the activity. 

Edited by bicsta
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Completely serious. Are you?

movement vocabulary is the accumulated number and types of movement techniques attempted/utilized in a show... the greater the variety DONE WELL, usually the higher the credit for this consideration of the visual sheet. As each piece of music has its own tempo and rhythm, the vocabulary should change appropriate to the piece. Vocabulary includes both the movement of the feet as well as body moves, posturing, and related visual achievements.

stylistic vocabulary is not that different. Within a jazz piece, do the movements reflect the music style?  For instance, robotic movement during a jazz piece or melodic ballad would be jarring and not representative of the piece. Although the designer may counterpoint movement styles with the music at times, it doesn't credit unless done most perfectly. Does the movement reflect any interpretative dimensions or is it purely mathematical/technical?

Environmental demand is defined differently in various circuits.

The common understanding is how is the mm interacting with the props, ensemble, and various elements of the corps (percussion, brass, guard) or has the designer written 3 separate shows within a show so that these elements never intersect in movement and props are only to clutter space. Does the mm face a difficult task to achieve excellence given the other aspects of the visual show (props, people, and boundaries?)

i agree with all the examples given by bicsta in the post above.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 4