Humid and Sticky Houston

Just now, Alzam81 said:

Bloo will solidify 4th place. Nothing wrong with that. They are amazing. The gaps will widen between 1,2-- and then everyone else will fall into place..As far as haymakers? Not sure what a haymaker would be in this scenario. A haymaker is SCV busting out the bottle dance randomly at the end of their show.. not sure what the bloo equivalent is in this case. if I'm wrong please call me out on it, but it's simply my opinion. 

All i was saying was i fully expect Bloo to come out and perform their ***** off down the stretch. They might not win this year, but they will make who ever does earn it. And as a fan of DCI that would be mind blowing for SCV to pull out the bottle dance. But as a BD fan and them currently referencing shows of their past, they can throw a hay maker themselves and bring out When a man loves a woman from 1992. 

12 minutes ago, crownisking said:

Plus, we all know how hard it is to beat BD the year after they take silver.

Here is a mind blowing stat for you...........the last time BD lost a show following the year they took home a silver medal, July 19th 2005 when they took 2nd to the Cavaliers in Pittsburg Kansas!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Here is a mind blowing stat for you...........the last time BD lost a show following the year they took home a silver medal, July 19th 2005 when they took 2nd to the Cavaliers in Pittsburg Kansas!

That was the year they took fourth too no? Yup every other season they were undefeated since. Looking like that might be the case again but lets see how tomorrow goes. I really like this top 4, don't really care who places where too much. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Sounds about right. I have the utmost respect for that organization. They know how to win. And maybe winning isn't everything to the kids who march there but they #### sure don't go there to lose. 

• Like 2

I have finally come to the conclusion that I don't have a firm grasp on what General Effect is in DCI.    

Just when I can say, okay, I get it... 1/10 between BD, SCV, and Crown.  I'm with you on that one.     BUT...

But then there is Bloo.  OVER 1 POINT BEHIND the leader in GE???     It's just one (more) show for Bloo.   Let's see what tomorrow brings.  :45_persevere:

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Well, Toto, we're not in Pittsburg anymore!

(Pittsburg, Kansas?). Wow!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

I have finally come to the conclusion that I don't have a firm grasp on what General Effect is in DCI.    

Just when I can say, okay, I get it... 1/10 between BD, SCV, and Crown.  I'm with you on that one.     BUT...

But then there is Bloo.  OVER 1 POINT BEHIND the leader in GE???     It's just one (more) show for Bloo.   Let's see what tomorrow brings.  :45_persevere:

The spreads will almost certainly be smaller tomorrow because the sample size will be significantly larger. No worries.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Well, Toto, we're not in Pittsburg anymore!

(Pittsburg, Kansas?). Wow!

Lol. Well we do have a Pittsburg here in California. Why not Kansas? Lol.

• Like 1

So here's what will hapen this year.  Given the flaws of some of the top 6 this year, BD will win as a matter of course.  However, I will say if SCV is within striking distance, the crowd will push them over the top.  Other than these two, I am just not seeing it this year.