Emerald City Music Games - Dublin, OH - Jul 31

Just now, tedrick said:

ha... 

well, I think you're a rube.

Nah. For the record I 100 percent think Bluecoats can beat Crown. Just dont believe in comparing scores across shows cause you can't.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

Only if they're head to head. I'm not just saying that. We've seen scores that put one corps ahead of another at separate shows and then they flip back as soon as they compete against one another.

The drum corps equation never works. Head-to-head.  Absolutely right. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, xandandl said:

BK one pointed Regiment in West Virginia. Academy breaks 80.

The Academy made a big gain on Mandarins tonight.

• Like 5

I know it sounds crazy to some.... but I personally believe that the judges are so carefully calibrated that a score from a panel in Puxahawni can be compared with a score from a panel in Philly and there is a high degree of correlation there -- these people are trained to see and evaluate and assign numbers in a very unified, consistent way -- 

1 minute ago, tedrick said:

I know it sounds crazy to some.... but I personally believe that the judges are so carefully calibrated that a score from a panel in Puxahawni can be compared with a score from a panel in Philly and there is a high degree of correlation there -- these people are trained to see and evaluate and assign numbers in a very unified, consistent way -- 

Hahahahahaha :4_joy:

2 minutes ago, tedrick said:

You may be right but I don't necessarily see that as a good thing. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tedrick said:

I think they are off in the early season more than later in the season, like now.

• Like 1