Bronze, Silver, Gold?

Bronze, Silver, Gold? (Im sorry I like polls. Need to keep up on these intense DCP opinions)  

113 members have voted

1. 1. 1st?

• Blue Devils
    • Bluecoats

It's looking to be the same three horses in the race as last year, but I would really love to see SCV in the mix and think it could happen.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, defeldus2 said:

It's looking to be the same three horses in the race as last year, but I would really love to see SCV in the mix and think it could happen.

I agree.  I think Crown is a threat to Bloo and BD.   Im admittedly pleasantly surprised and excited.  SCV will still have a ring within five years imo and BAC a medal within five years.

BK is my next medal contender. They've been carving out a unique style and it's only a matter of time before they hit a great show while others have an off year and they'll pounce. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I have had them in the mix since I saw their first 50th Anniversary ad in the 2016 season. 

:)

But as soon as I saw their first show that solidified that.  It just has "it".  Being within 1 of BD and Bluecoats is a big statement.  

Agreed.   However, with one asterisk from the their first head-to-head last night. Bloo was .8 up on GE over SCV.  That is a huge gap at the top of the food chain.      For SCV to really contend for the gold, they will need to be within .3 or so in GE of the Bluecoats.      Bloo can play musically with anyone this year.   So,  in order to beat them, you're going to have to be in the same ball park in GE.    San Antonio can't come soon enough this year.   Let's see what happens when they are all on the same field.

I still don't think Bloo has the GE buffer to ride out a championship this year without other caption support like they did last year, and I think the regionals will show that. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

Ummmm, maybe third with a brass performance that's over their heads.  The music analysis scores are too low and that's nothing the current members can control.  That's primarily a design and instruction issue.

Based on what I've seen, I'm going with the Blue Devils, Santa Clara Vanguard, and Bluecoats for my top three.

Nonsense!!!! Hahaha, keep in mind I am very one sided.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Nonsense!!!! Hahaha, keep in mind I am very one sided.

I marched with The Cavaliers and I'm one-sided too but I'm also very analytical.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, defeldus2 said:

BK is my next medal contender. They've been carving out a unique style and it's only a matter of time before they hit a great show while others have an off year and they'll pounce. 

I am gonna agree with you just outta fear of BK. They were so intense in Riverside. I was afraid to not stand up and cheer for them lol.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Agreed.   However, with one asterisk from the their first head-to-head last night. Bloo was .8 up on GE over SCV.  That is a huge gap at the top of the food chain.      For SCV to really contend for the gold, they will need to be within .3 or so in GE of the Bluecoats.      Bloo can play musically with anyone this year.   So,  in order to beat them, you're going to have to be in the same ball park in GE.    San Antonio can't come soon enough this year.   Let's see what happens when they are all on the same field.

That's crazy about the GE too. Nobody has as much GE as SCV in their show.

• Like 2