VOICE OVERS

On 7/8/2017 at 11:46 AM, Cappybara said:

Literally never had any issues with BD's voiceovers, they're always very professional sounding because they're smart enough to know not to do it live through an MM. 

I hate live voiceovers/narration. The only time live voiceovers have ever been done well is Cadets 2014, and that dude was a professional. 

I'm pretty sure by finals all of his narration was pre-recorded. They did the same thing in 08 with Sarah and her fascinating life of working on Wall Street.

While I like James Earl Jones for a voiceover, I still think William Shatner and his School of Spoken Word Performance would bring down the house ("To FEEL the...dramaof...extra, needless commas! To reachoutand....touchhhh me....but...(whisper) whyyy...???")

On 7/8/2017 at 0:46 PM, Cappybara said:

Literally never had any issues with BD's voiceovers, they're always very professional sounding because they're smart enough to know not to do it live through an MM. 

I hate live voiceovers/narration. The only time live voiceovers have ever been done well is Cadets 2014, and that dude was a professional. 

I would agree the young man who narrated the Cadets show in 2014 had the qualities of a professional and could make it in broadcasting, but he shows up on my Facebook page every now and then as a "person I May know" and he was in college when he marched with Cadets, not a professional, which to me makes him more impressive. Interestingly,  I think I saw his name listed as a staff member this year but I can't recall the corps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

I would agree the young man who narrated the Cadets show in 2014 had the qualities of a professional and could make it in broadcasting, but he shows up on my Facebook page every now and then as a "person I May know" and he was in college when he marched with Cadets, not a professional, which to me makes him more impressive. Interestingly,  I think I saw his name listed as a staff member this year but I can't recall the corps.

Yes, I know he was very young, but he has had actual voice training before so that's why I referred to him as a professional

The celebrant singer in the Cadets vocal octet does an incredible job with it this year.  Not sure if I call it voice over or narration. 

12 hours ago, DCIat14 said:

Just out of curiosity, do you mean the narrator or the singer?  

I was talking about the voice over- the spoken words that are intended to pull the audience into the concept of the show and the various sections of the production. The singer also needs to be mixed and projected with more quality through the board. The singer is okay, pitchy as a vocal soloists tend to be. 

On 07/08/2017 at 11:46 AM, Cappybara said:

Dance Derby; understood the historical aspect of the amplified and loud voice over calls; but still annoying as h***

Colts 2014 live narration never really worked for me he just stuck out too much.  The Radio Show voices for " ...and a shot rang out" were waaaay to much at the start of the season but they trimmed it down nicely by finals weekend.  I enjoyed their show in Indy that year.  

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 0:46 PM, Cappybara said:

actually,  the vocals BD did in 2005 (Yowza Yowza Yowza) were live and performed by a pit member.  I thought they sounded the best of all the voice work done to that point.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, bluecoats88 said:

actually,  the vocals BD did in 2005 (Yowza Yowza Yowza) were live and performed by a pit member.  I thought they sounded the best of all the voice work done to that point.

I'm pretty sure pre-recorded vocals weren't legal until electronic instruments were approved for the 2009 season; anything before that was performed live.

Edited by Spandy