DCI Orlando - July 8, 2017

Ahh the annual day in which I can use one of my favorite gifs to express my opinion on the state of Florida :laughing:

A-u5GUEDwz8YJbSab-w0FI-AUZocKiMERRPFOEc1

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Cavaliers went 9 to 5 last year. 

could make a movie out of it. .... oh.. wait.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Ahh the annual day in which I can use one of my favorite gifs to express my opinion on the state of Florida :laughing:

Funny Virginia, This marks the twentieth anniversary of BAC and Floridian participation, huge participation.   And between other CorpS and Floridians as well. Hope you manage to march or volunteer one day, Cappy -- even in Phlorida.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CorpwithanS said:

Funny Virginia, This marks the twentieth anniversary of BAC and Floridian participation, huge participation.   And between other CorpS and Floridians as well. Hope you manage to march or volunteer one day, Cappy -- even in Phlorida.

Marching is out of the question, unfortunately, but I definitely plan on volunteering in the future once schooling is over!

• Like 2

Just now, Cappybara said:

Marching is out of the question, unfortunately, but I definitely plan on volunteering in the future once schooling is over!

Do it!! I'll help w/ tour/vollie supplies. Good luck in Uni.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soccerguy315 said:

Pretty sure if BAC finishes 7th, that will be the biggest jump inside the top 12 from one year to the next in multiple decades... What BAC is accomplishing this year is highly impressive.  I think Cadets went 5 to 1 and Madison went 14 to 8 in the 2000s, but obviously Madison started outside the top 12.

You don't magically get first place because you hired some new staff.  BAC will have their chance to tweak their show and move up.  But everyone else will be trying to do the same.

The biggest jump I ever saw was SCV who finished in 7th in 1980 and won the whole thing in 1981.

1 hour ago, emc2 said:

Cool.  what BAC has done this year is outstanding.  The others have design major issues  but because they have placed in in the top  6+ for the past 15 + years  put s BAC bac in 7th place.  This is what has been going on for the the past 20 Years

This comment is BS...you should retract it dude.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

A-u5GUEDwz8YJbSab-w0FI-AUZocKiMERRPFOEc1

if only the Academy was at the show....haha

• Like 3

Currently in Florida looking forward to tonight's show. I am pretty sure that everyone was dealing with terrible Thunder storms with heavy downpours. This is like a home show for BAC. 20 years ago we made Florida another home. Many individuals from this area have made a huge difference in the trajectory of the corps during that time. So looking forward to a big fan base tonight. Another reason to be excited is it is the first show that BAC will be going on later in the evening and closer to their competition. Very pleased with how things have come together to put the us in this position. Years of building a strong organization financially and otherwise, hiring a great leader in Chris Holland, attracting and hiring a top staff and having high member retention are all playing a part. With respect to the other corps competing tonight, it's only a matter of time that one or maybe two judges start to make a call. The program design and performance is solidly there to compete with the top 6.

#BuildingAChampion the new BAC

• Like 5