Who Is A Lock For Finals?

1 hour ago, jwillis35 said:

Yes, once the Blue Devils finish the visual in the last 2 or 3 minutes of their show they should be OK and sneak into the top 12. :)

It would take a massive ouroboros for BD not to make it in.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

It seems to look like the top 13 is set with Mandarins and Scout going for the 12th spot. However, I could be wrong. Crown 2003 was in 16th this time of the year but managed to get all the way up to 9th by semis.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, brl2833 said:

It seems to look like the top 13 is set with Mandarins and Scout going for the 12th spot. However, I could be wrong. Crown 2003 was in 16th this time of the year but managed to get all the way up to 9th by semis.

Ah...  Bell-isimo! Other than Spin cycle, that was my favorite show from 2003. I saw all three nights of championships that year. Including quarterfinals which were rain delayed for 3 hours and didn't finish until after 2 in the morning. Staying up all night watching drum corps was a thrill my 16 year old self could barely handle. (14 years later am I'm still staying up all night to watch dci) :guinesssmilie:

Aside from that, I agree with there being a solid top 11 right now. Crazy things can happen though. 

• Like 1

Well, considering that the following 11 corps have made the past 3 Finals...

• Blue Devils
  • Blue Knights
  • Blue Stars
  • Bluecoats
  • Boston Crusaders
  • The Cadets
  • Carolina Crown
  • The Cavaliers
  • Crossmen
  • Phantom Regiment
  • Santa Clara Vanguard

...I think it's a safe bet that all 11 will make Finals again.

Then of course, there's the question of whether the last corps in will be the Mandarins or the Madison Scouts. Unfortunately, we won't be able to see them go head-to-head until July 20 in Belton. Furthermore, as much as I'd love to see another new face in Finals, it's hard for me to fathom the beloved Scouts missing two consecutive Finals, something that has never happened in their history (although they came close to missing three straight between 2007 and 2009). We'll see how it plays out. I could see the Academy, or even Colts or Troopers sneaking up there as well if they make the right changes at the right time.