Big, Loud, and Live ONLY in Theaters?

In the past, the final 15 corps in performance at prelims were ONLY viewable via movie theater. Do we know for sure whether FloMarching is going to take the same approach? Currently, their schedule just bundles all three days of World Class competition as an "Event." So will we maybe be able to view ALL of prelims from the comfort of home instead?

Edited by brassboy

23 hours ago, ftwdrummer said:

I'm assuming you mean prelims.

I would assume that they'll cut off the stream before the top 15, same as they always have. No point in cannibalizing their audience.

So I am new to DCI and my kid is in the Cascades, does this mean they likely won't even show the Cascades during pre-lims? Thanks in advance.

1 minute ago, insideout said:

So I am new to DCI and my kid is in the Cascades, does this mean they likely won't even show the Cascades during pre-lims? Thanks in advance.

Probably will be shown on flomarching, not in the theatre.

• Like 1

If Cascades haven't earned a spot in the top 15 for Prelims, then yes, you'd only see them earlier in the day on the internet webcast.

(Though there will probably be a 30-second clip of their show shown at some point during the cinema broadcast.)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

If Cascades haven't earned a spot in the top 15 for Prelims, then yes, you'd only see them earlier in the day on the internet webcast.

(Though there will probably be a 30-second clip of their show shown at some point during the cinema broadcast.)

Thank you, I am not going to Indy so I am hoping to catch them at least on flomarching.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, insideout said:

Thank you, I am not going to Indy so I am hoping to catch them at least on flomarching.

There's a very good chance Cascades will be in the Top 25 and therefore advance to Friday's competition. So you'd be able to watch them on FloMarching that day as well.

• Like 1

Just now, brassboy said:

There's a very good chance Cascades will be in the Top 25 and therefore advance to Friday's competition. So you'd be able to watch them on FloMarching that day as well.

Yes, hoping they can push past their ranking from last year. I'm familiar with their rankings and 2016 DCI but this is truly my first "season" watching DCI live.

• Like 1

Tickets are already for sale on Fathom Events and I bought mine. I am driving 1.5 hours south to a nicer theater, but have a question. There are 39 corps listed to perform in pre-lims...is there a long intermission between the top 15 and those below?? The showtime starts at 3:30pm PST, pre-lims start at 6am PST if I am reading right on the DCI site. My concern is if Cascades don't crack the top 15, I don't want to miss them due to me having to do the 1.5 hour drive to the theater.