Big, Loud, and Live ONLY in Theaters?

6 hours ago, brassboy said:

In the past, there has been a 60-minute dinner break between the last corps on the stream (16th seed) and the start of the BL&L event (Top 15 seed). Here's the schedule from last year: http://www.dci.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=33500&ATCLID=211100089. I imagine that to accommodate one additional corps, the start time will be moved up. So if Cascades are sitting somewhere around 20th right now among World Class, I would guess you'd catch them sometime around 2pm PST on FloMarching.

Hey @brassboy, this was a very helpful post. The link to last year's schedule gives us all a good perspective on what's likely this year (and helps the original question askew, too). Thanks.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, brassboy said:

In the past, there has been a 60-minute dinner break between the last corps on the stream (16th seed) and the start of the BL&L event (Top 15 seed). Here's the schedule from last year: http://www.dci.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=33500&ATCLID=211100089. I imagine that to accommodate one additional corps, the start time will be moved up. So if Cascades are sitting somewhere around 20th right now among World Class, I would guess you'd catch them sometime around 2pm PST on FloMarching.

Thank you!

I ended up choosing a theater a bit aways as it has reclining seats and is generally more comfortable. For 5 and a half hours you bet I will.

On 7/12/2017 at 3:23 PM, BRASSO said:

Ask and you shall receive. ( who says, DCP can't be informative, educational.. haha!)

According to the DCI Office itself ( whom I just contacted ), Flo Marching will live stream the ENTIRE Quarterfinals... all Corps that will be there in the Quarters will be on FloMarching. com

DCI will also pick up live in the theatre broadcast, the top 15 or 16 or so Corps in this Quarterfinals.... and live. DCI is not sure at the moment I was informed, the number, as that is still being worked on, but that is the aprrox. number of Corps anyway at the moment for the theatre live broadcast..

I just saw this tweet referencing the official word from DCI, clearly stating that flo will NOT be broadcasting the top 15 for prelims:

https://twitter.com/DrumCorpsFan/status/886964694124244992

Edited by Fracker

Thats a shame if true, as some of us were misinformed  by the DCI  HQ then. I contacted them directly and told by DCI HQ that Flo would be live broadcasting the entire Quarterfinals, even though the Cinemas would be picking up the later Corps performances in the Cinema broadcast. DCI HQ needs to get their act together and not be misinforming the public like this, if this turns out to be true. I even have the person's name I spoke with at DCI HQ that supposedly checked on this, and provided me the information that Flo WOULD be broadcasting the ENTIRE quarterfinals ( key word " ENTIRE" )... including the top 15 Corps performances.