This is an all-time great BD show.

2 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

So is this the counter thread to the "Blue Devils Chop and Bop" thread? Way better than last year for sure. Not liking it as much as 14 or 15 but it's definitely on its way.

Official counter-thread. Keep listening - better than 14 or 15.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Habs33 said:

No disrespect to any other corps intended. Just seems like people don't want to give them their due. Nailed it this year.

I've been saying that ever since I sat in bleachers for their evening rehearsal in Hillsboro.  This show is a baby throwing show.  

• Like 3

I like it. Long way to go yet though. The dance moves most of the corps is doing at the top of "Bumbebee" are not effective.

3 hours ago, soccerguy315 said:

the BD show this year is awesome

but your post probably could've gone in the BD thread

Eh. If we can have a post hating on BD's design as a separate thread, I think we can have a post loving BD in another thread 

• Like 6

Yes absolutely, it is BD once again resetting the bar!

BUT in order to see and fully appreciate it, we have to be totally open and impartial. 

Now that's hard! 

• Like 2

I haven't liked BD shows for a long time until recently.  14 pretty good. 15 I really liked. 16, meh. 17, best in recent memory, I love it.  I'm a brass guy so that is what's getting it done for me.  Can't wait to see it live.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DTrooper77 said:

I haven't liked BD shows for a long time until recently.  14 pretty good. 15 I really liked. 16, meh. 17, best in recent memory, I love it.  I'm a brass guy so that is what's getting it done for me.  Can't wait to see it live.

BD has certainly gone in a diff direction starting with 2014 and I'm loving it. 

Really, I love every post 2008 BD show, but the past few years in particular have been great 

• Like 2

2017 Blue Devils have not yet passed 2015 for me, and certainly not 2014 or 2010 on a performance scale; but I see lots of potential and signs this could be my favorite BD show of the entire 2000s. They still have little things to do. Refine visual in the last 2 or 3 minutes, fix some of the big hit points that I feel get dialed back just a bit by too much scatter drill.  The front 5 or 6 minutes has such a good sense of pacing and some real goose bump moments. 

• Like 1