Does BAC overtake Cadets by San Antonio?

3 hours ago, craiga said:

Seriously?  If you really think that is all that is going on here, you have no clue.   Nobody in Boston is gloating.  What are you going to say when BK and a couple others blast by Cadets by this weekend?  If I were you, I'd be more concerned with why the Cadets are hanging on for dear life....AGAIN.

Hanging on for dear life? I wouldn't go that far. People thought the same thing about Cavies and look what's happening. We may not want to jump to conclusions and just appreciate and celebrate Boston's victory instead. 

• Like 3

The Blue Devils staff consistency and financial success make them a much more difficult and elusive competitor.  And, BD is the only active corps whom BAC has never beaten. Maybe after Boston "returns to its traditional placements" (whatever the heck THAT is supposed to mean) and the corps celebrates it's 80th anniversary we can see what happens. :)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, bicsta said:

Touche!

Congrats to BAC!

Now catch the Devs!

I like your predictions from before in this thread. Please give us "BAC honks" more. 

Edited by E3D
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, LabMaster said:

The focus of the staff and kids, alumni and friends and fans, is on the development of the program and show and not much else.

Exactly. Everything so far is on schedule. In a methodical and highly efficient manner. There's no time for " gloating ".  Its all being accomplished via meticulous planning by selfless and highly capable people in a classy organization at the Boston Crusaders. The rest is just outside inconsequential noise from people that have no real apparent understanding on what is happening, how it is happening, nor why it is happening at the Boston Crusaders.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

No one forces anyone to leave one corps' staff to join another.

True. Maybe if those staff members felt respected and appreciated at their old corps, they'd still be teaching there. Why someone chooses to blame another corps for capitalizing on the incredible opportunity to land so many gifted arrangers and instructors is beyond me.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, CorpwithanS said:

I hear the BAC staff are a happy, motivated, and fearless lot. Congrats!

Hey watch out with that CorpwithanS! plus the added bonus for the staff is that BAC does not peddle Candy. :peek::whistle::notme:

7 minutes ago, seen-it-all said:

True. Maybe if those staff members felt respected and appreciated at their old corps, they'd still be teaching there. Why someone chooses to blame another corps for capitalizing on the incredible opportunity to land so many gifted arrangers and instructors is beyond me.

It happens in the NFL all the time and it's how people move up in the world.  This year an instructor might be a quarterback coach and the next year he's an offensive coordinator somewhere else.  When I marched this happened all the time.  We even SHARED staff members with other corps!  I can recall one time in the early '80s when our brass wasn't consistent so we called in a brass guy from a rival corps to give a fresh, unbiased analysis.  He came in for one night, worked us to death, but he made our sound WAY better.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, seen-it-all said:

well after your reading this ridiculous post I can really say I've "seen it all"

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:19 PM, MikeN said:

:blink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mike

Welp.  My next thread will be "how to look like an idiot in 2 days..."

Bravo Boston - I know it's only one show, but still a heck of an achievement.

Mike

• Like 3