Drums Along the Rockies Boise, ID - July 11, 2017

11 hours ago, xandandl said:

I was going to go with Noisey Boise, but Idaho won't let me.

Back in 2007 my mom suggested to a worker they changed the name to "Noisey in Boise." They plain faced said "that's not the name of the show." They apparently don't include humor in the curriculum of this state...

• Like 4

BD 82.5

BK 77.0

Mandarins 72.3

Pac Crest 68.0

OC 67.4

Cascades 66.1

Open Class

Columbians 57.5

Battalion 57.0

Interesting dissonance in the GE scores between the two judges. Very strong BK percussion mark. Mandarins within shouting distance of BK in music analysis. Cascades winning the visual battle with OC, but losing on the music side of things.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman
  • Like 1

World Class

1. BD 82.500

2. Blue Knights 77.000

3. Mandarins 72.300

4. Pacific Crest 68.000

5. Oregon Crusaders 67.400

6. Seattle Cascades 66.100

Open Class

1. Columbians 57.500

2. The Battalion 57.000

They used a 5-person panel tonight. I know there were debates about the meaning of that, but if we're talking purely about scores, it's worth noting that there was no judge for color guard tonight which would likely have affected Mandarins. 

Edited by brassboy

4 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Interested in whats gonna happen when you throw the visual captions back in.   Might adjust some spreads.   

Tread carefully... I was lectured before for suggesting that it makes any difference at all. ;)

Edited by brassboy

Just now, brassboy said:

Tread carefully... I was lectured before for believing it makes any difference at all. 

It won't make a HUGE difference.  But for instance color guard.  Huge strength for Mandarins.  Might have bumped them up a few tenths.  

• Like 1

Every year - spotty panels until DATR.  Portland and Seattle shows had larger panels than in past years, at least I think they did.  DATR will begin to sort things out for the Western corps..

• Like 1