Time zone = Mountain

4 p.m.    Box Office Opens
7:30 p.m.    Welcome & National Anthem
7:40 p.m.    Seattle Cascades
7:57 p.m.    Oregon Crusaders
8:14 p.m.    Mandarins
8:31 p.m.    Bluecoats
8:48 p.m.    Troopers

Bloo brings "Jagged Edge" out west on a pilgrimage to one of DCI's founding sites. They brought "Kinetic Noise" to Casper in 2015.

You won't find a more perfect venue to encounter Bloo, or any drum corps, than Natrona County HS stadium. There is no running track encircling the performance field. The Western sky is high, bright and clear; the evening air is light and cool. The performances are up-close and in your face, the way drum corps should be.

Last year, fans got an eye/earful of Cavaliers on this same field. In 2013, Crown brought their championship show to NCHS. No one, anywhere, got a better seat to encounter the brass of E=mc2 than they did in Casper.

Bloo has a good shot to win this one :1_grinning:; the interesting matchup will be between Troop and Mandarins, their first direct contact of the season.

The next night, July 15 in Denver, it's three of the Blues -- Coats, Devils and Knights -- on the same field for the first time this year. Should be a great weekend of drum corps. Worth the trip to Casper.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

4 p.m.    Box Office Opens
7:30 p.m.    Welcome & National Anthem
7:40 p.m.    Seattle Cascades
7:57 p.m.    Oregon Crusaders
8:14 p.m.    Mandarins
8:31 p.m.    Bluecoats
8:48 p.m.    Troopers

Bloo brings "Jagged Edge" out west on a pilgrimage to one of DCI's founding sites. They brought "Kinetic Noise" to Casper in 2015.

You won't find a more perfect venue to encounter Bloo, or any drum corps, than Natrona County HS stadium. There is no running track encircling the performance field. The Western sky is high, bright and clear; the evening air is light and cool. The performances are up-close and in your face, the way drum corps should be.

Last year, fans got an eye/earful of Cavaliers on this same field. In 2013, Crown brought their championship show to NCHS. No one, anywhere, got a better seat to encounter the brass of E=Mc^2 than they did in Casper.

Bloo has a good shot to win this one :1_grinning:; the interesting matchup will be between Troop and Mandarins, their first direct contact of the season.

The next night, July 15 in Denver, it's three of the Blues -- Coats, Devils and Knights -- on the same field for the first time this year. Should be a great weekend of drum corps. Worth the trip to Casper.

Interesting that BD is skipping this show...  They are definitely in the vicinity!

3 minutes ago, Madera Dons said:

Same with BK but they have to spend some time practicing with the Denver show coming up.

Duh of course!  BK too.  

There are only a few of those classic shows remaining on the schedule.  For any true drum corps fan, Casper is one of the greatest.  How many remarkable shows have been performed here?  I remember all of the corps that are no longer with us and the newer corps who strive for perfection.  All here in Casper.  A smallish stadium by today's standard will be filled with some of the most drum corps savvy people just waiting for that right moment to erupt into applause.  Casper does love the Troopers but, what's even cooler is Casper loves drum corps.  I for one will be driving around town hoping to catch a glimpse of a corps rehearsing at one of the local schools.  I hope to attend some of the "welcome home" events for the Troopers.  I will be one of those cheering fans at Natrona County High School stadium.  Good luck to all of the corps.

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, bearwy said:

There are only a few of those classic shows remaining on the schedule.  For any true drum corps fan, Casper is one of the greatest.  How many remarkable shows have been performed here?  I remember all of the corps that are no longer with us and the newer corps who strive for perfection.  All here in Casper.  A smallish stadium by today's standard will be filled with some of the most drum corps savvy people just waiting for that right moment to erupt into applause.  Casper does love the Troopers but, what's even cooler is Casper loves drum corps.  I for one will be driving around town hoping to catch a glimpse of a corps rehearsing at one of the local schools.  I hope to attend some of the "welcome home" events for the Troopers.  I will be one of those cheering fans at Natrona County High School stadium.  Good luck to all of the corps.

Sold.  A future Casper show is on my bucket list.  :14_relaxed:

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 4

Troopers are performing tonight at 7:00 at Fort Caspar.  Who's going?

Get yur boots on, we're goin' to watch the Troopers at Fort Caspar.

• Like 1