Drums Along the Rockies -- CASPER Edition -- Friday, July 14, 2017

Just got back from tonight's standstill.  Wow.  Troopers sound great!  My goodness those kids can play.  Shout out to the lead trumpets.  I'm really looking forward to seeing the show on Friday night.  I do miss the old "sheep wagon" souvie stand but there was a tent set up.  I got my T-shirt.  I'm good to go.

• Like 2

Going to watch rehearsal this afternoon.  The corps is performing at the rodeo tonight. (How Wyoming)

I've heard some changes to the show are in store.  Don't count out The Troopers just yet, this 54 year old fanboy hasn't.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Are the Mercy Farms Pie Shoppes there in Wyoming?   I enjoyed my trips to Casper and Cheyenne with visits there.

Not that I know of.  Try Johnny J's diner for pies.

It's hot in Casper today.  96 for a high.  Should cool down by showtime.

I did get to see Cascades practice.  You know?  Those kids work hard.  Loved the music and the prop on the field.  Looking forward to seeing the full show.  They had quite the spectator crowd on the hill watching.  Casper is Drum Corps.  I got to meet a parent who met up with the corps in Utah and will go to Yellowstone after tonight's show.  First time in Wyoming.  Good people.  Best of luck tonight Cascades!

• Like 3