Drums Along the Rockies -- CASPER Edition -- Friday, July 14, 2017

On 7/11/2017 at 0:19 PM, bearwy said:

There are only a few of those classic shows remaining on the schedule.  For any true drum corps fan, Casper is one of the greatest.  How many remarkable shows have been performed here?  I remember all of the corps that are no longer with us and the newer corps who strive for perfection.  All here in Casper.  A smallish stadium by today's standard will be filled with some of the most drum corps savvy people just waiting for that right moment to erupt into applause.  Casper does love the Troopers but, what's even cooler is Casper loves drum corps.  I for one will be driving around town hoping to catch a glimpse of a corps rehearsing at one of the local schools.  I hope to attend some of the "welcome home" events for the Troopers.  I will be one of those cheering fans at Natrona County High School stadium.  Good luck to all of the corps.

I've heard many a story from Jim Schehr about when the Kilts ventured out to the Casper show and DATR in 1973.  

• Like 1

Please scope Bloo for me. Someone anyone please

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, shofmon88 said:

You're not allowed to record at DCI shows. Just watch them tomorrow on the DATR broadcast. 

I'll be in DeKalb. However I've periscope at every DCI show I go to. Rules I don't care about no stinking rules. 

• Like 2

I'm sad I couldn't drive up to this show, but I am excited that I got work off and picked up a last minute ticket for DATR tomorrow. I'm going to try to swing by the Mandarins rehearsal in the morning as well. It's my one day of live drum corps fix for the year!  Haha. If my dang kids weren't so expensive I could probably travel to a few more shows.

8 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Uh oh

cZDwvc1.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

oh crap

It looks like it's supposed to clear up around 8:45. I don't suppose they'd delay the show by 1 1/2 hours? There are only five corps so the show would still end at a reasonable time, but it would also mean a later departure to Denver for the corps, which wouldn't be good.