Time to join FloMarching?

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

When you are paying, luck should have nothing to do with it.

Just saying a lot of people didn't have any issues... Don't know your situation but I find it hard to believe Flo is the problem.

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

I had the feed freeze three different times during both Bluecoats and BD. It's a freaking joke how poor their feed quality is.

Mine froze a dozen times

• Like 1

Was extremely wary in hopping aboard the Flo train, but we show the semi-final webcast to our kids at band camp, so got the month subscription last night to see what the deal was. 

Have to say I was relatively pleased. I was using the Roku FloSports app and watched on my tv. Only two extremely brief audio cut-outs and a few instances of pixelation. 

Went primarily with the high cam because whoever was operating the close up cameras had no idea what they were doing. 

All I can say is that I've now watched 3 separate events and have had ZERO buffering issues.  I use a laptop on a wireless connection connected to my TV with HDMI cable and a connection speed typically around 40Mbps.  If you're getting buffering, it's either your browser's cache, your connection speed, or an issue with your ISP.  If the issue were with Flo, then everyone would be having the issue.

• Like 1

The quality was wine last night. The amazingly bad camera choices on the multi-cam feed were not. At some point, these guys have to know how to film drum corps, right? If someone moves on the stage for a solo, don't show the guard at the other end of the field? Grrrr.

Mike

I tried streaming from my DSL line, and from my Verizon phone as a modem. Both through my iPad and my AppleTV using the Flo app. Nothing was even watchable quality wise. At multiple times the audio was 15 seconds out of sync with video. 

I didn't get a single hiccup on either of the shows. Not bad at all.

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

I tried streaming from my DSL line, and from my Verizon phone as a modem. Both through my iPad and my AppleTV using the Flo app. Nothing was even watchable quality wise. At multiple times the audio was 15 seconds out of sync with video. 

Well, to be honest, I think you've pretty much defined the problem.  If you're on DSL and trying to run through your phone to another device, you can't be getting more than about 3 or 4 Mbps download speed (just guessing) and that would be nowhere near enough to be able to stream this without buffering.  I would venture to say you'd need to be downloading at a speed of at least 15 to 20 Mbps to get a reliable stream.  I used to be in the same boat with the old Fan Network until I got a new cable connection that gave me 60 Mbps.  Since then, I've never had any streaming issues.

• Like 1

Watched the Dekalb show first (no problem,no glitches), then went to the Denver show (constant buffering/delays).

And I reset it 3 times before just resigning myself to watching it with 15-20 seconds of show, 4 seconds of stopping/buffering.

Maybe it was due to all the Dekalb people switching over, and their server couldn't handle it?

If so, why so unprepared?