Time to join FloMarching?

Decided to contact FloMarching's customer support just in case. If I buy today it is in fact good through finals. They got back to me in less than 30 minutes. Great customer service.

"Hi, Yes, any subscription will commence for thirty days from the date of sign-up. Thanks for reaching out!
FloSports Support"

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 5

It appears they will be streaming two events Saturday night.  One in DeCalb and the other in Denver.

Wondering if this might present a problem for Flo as it requires two crews.  Different time zones, so it looks like you can watch the DeCalb feed and switch over to Denver for the last few corps.  

I had no problems with FloMarching (Smart TV, wifi, Roku, FloMarching app) for the first few events.  But last weekend my feed kept reloading on multi cam, no as bad on high cam. At one point, the feed reloaded back to 3 previous corps (weird) and then went back to live.  For SCV there were times it was reloading every 15 seconds.  Frustrating!!!! This week I think I might cat 5 directly into the device to minimize any lag on my end and hope for a smooth feed.

43 minutes ago, SFZFAN said:

Decided to contact FloMarching's customer support just in case. If I buy today it is in fact good through finals. They got back to me in less than 30 minutes. Great customer service.

"Hi, Yes, any subscription will commence for thirty days from the date of sign-up. Thanks for reaching out!
FloSports Support"

I'm quite surprised at the quality of their customer service and quality of streaming they're offering. 

Theyve certainly surpassed many expectations people set in the preseason

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Candid Insight said:

This week I think I might cat 5 directly into the device to minimize any lag on my end and hope for a smooth feed.

Definitely recommend it! Wireless still can't compare to hardwired. I average about 950mbps plugged into my PC and about 200mbps on wifi on my Apple TV. Both are still really good and let me watch anything in HD but the wifi occasionally has a hiccup that I never get on my PC.

1 hour ago, Candid Insight said:

It appears they will be streaming two events Saturday night.  One in DeCalb and the other in Denver.

Wondering if this might present a problem for Flo as it requires two crews.  Different time zones, so it looks like you can watch the DeCalb feed and switch over to Denver for the last few corps.  

I had no problems with FloMarching (Smart TV, wifi, Roku, FloMarching app) for the first few events.  But last weekend my feed kept reloading on multi cam, no as bad on high cam. At one point, the feed reloaded back to 3 previous corps (weird) and then went back to live.  For SCV there were times it was reloading every 15 seconds.  Frustrating!!!! This week I think I might cat 5 directly into the device to minimize any lag on my end and hope for a smooth feed.

DCI's schedule crews with the old system used to do two shows the night of DATR. 

Unfortunately, one generally got a less competent crew and it was usually DATR.

I think that the show one year where it was "multicam" only and the multicam was auto switching between different still cameras set at fixed angles every 5 seconds...including an end zone angle for some unknown reason. 

Later years were more competently done but clearly an A crew and B crew

14 hours ago, SFZFAN said:

FloSports Support"

So 30 days from July 14 is Aug 12 if I count correct. Stupid me, I bought it on July 13. So that means I need to go without come Aug 11, or fork over $50 for two days? That is so misleading.

Didn't I read something a while ago that Tom Blair (with his camera crew?) will be directing the cameras at the three shows in Indy?