3 SHADES OF BLUE and friends Denver, Co

2 minutes ago, shofmon88 said:

The surface winds in Denver are a bit funky right now. Looks like that moisture is going to be pushed back against the foothills, which is a pretty good recipe for severe weather. Conditions change in the blink of an eye in Denver though, and it could wind up like 2014, and rain everywhere except the stadium (that day was seriously the most humid day I've ever felt in Denver).

m7K4rh6.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

I was there too!  No one thought that show would happen and miraculously, it did.  

The whole rain-out issue is such a let down - for the corps, the fans, the venues, souvie sales, all of it.   :55_frowning:

Really hoping for a miracle again. 

• Like 1

It's 7am where you are?!

37 minutes ago, luv4corps said:

I was there too!  No one thought that show would happen and miraculously, it did.  

The whole rain-out issue is such a let down - for the corps, the fans, the venues, souvie sales, all of it.   :55_frowning:

Really hoping for a miracle again. 

I was there too!  I was so scared it was gonna get rained out.  

I love love loved Colorado that trip.  

28 minutes ago, superOOk said:

It's 7am where you are?!

Sydney, Australia. Ten past Eight now, Sunday the 16th.

Let me tell you, watching DCI shows is definitely difficult sometimes due to the schedule. Prelims usually starts around 4am...

• Like 1

Anyone with an update on the weather there in Denver?

It looks like the storm may just implode on itself just east of Denver. If anything does reach the stadium, it'll be right about show time, but it shouldn't last. I would say the chance of a 30 minute rain delay is sitting at about 50%. 

Weather in Denver can change extremely rapidly, however. We'll have a better idea in about an hour. 

As long as the dew point stays below 55 degrees, it should be ok. Right now around Mile High Stadium, 3 triangulating weather stations have it at, 57°, 52°, and 54° respectively. The other factor is the humidity which is at 40%.

I am heading out to the stadium in about 20 minutes from the Aurora/Parker area. That's about 20 miles southeast of the stadium. The storm looks like it's hanging to the east and not pushing in. No rain here. But the wind is blowing enough to push a 5 toss or flag toss 5 yards to the left  of you. The wind right now is something ferocious. 

This has been the case all summer: Gusty Thunderstorms with thunder and ferocious wind but no rain.  Conditions at the stadium are probably windy, but as I look west from my spartment, I see blue skies to the west towards the stadium.  

I am lucky I will be in the club seats in Level 300. There is an overhang in that section and an indoor area with a  large TV, nice bar, exclusive  concessions, and bathroom facilities. The way to go for 50.00-80.00 tickets. 

Been there every year since 2011. BK's performance in the rain a few years ago, was epic. But hoping Mother Nature can stay  east with the rain tonight. 

Edited by Dmlkmen
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DrumManTx said:

I was there too!  I was so scared it was gonna get rained out.  

I love love loved Colorado that trip.  

That was my first day of tour as a cook mom.  We had our passes and were heading into the stadium, got all turned around and ended up in the entry tunnels with the corps.  I remember Academy was in the tunnel waiting to enter the field.  

We sheepishly walked around the edge of the field to get to the seats, laughing hysterically as we did it.  If you saw a group of rogue cook moms follow Academy onto the field, it was us!

• Like 4

It appears that a cell has developed Northwest of the stadium, humidity is creeping up around the stadium, this should get interesting.