3 SHADES OF BLUE and friends Denver, Co

1 minute ago, tedrick said:

so how close will Devs and Bluecoats be?
i'm calling Bluecoats by .325 

Flip it. Devils by .325. Both will score less than SCV (not that that means anything).

Waiting for scores. Second half reflections:

Crest was quite nice. They have a few of something I've haven't seen from them in three seasons: moments that sparkle. This is a step up design wise for them and I'm excited to see it all come together at the end of the season. The Lost ballad felt a little rushed and hurried (design wise) and I'd like to see that have a little bit more room to breath and exist.

Troop, eh. Great corps. They are truly the only corps 13 - 21 who I strongly feel took a step back design-wise this year. Wouldn't be surprised to see them not in the top 15 this year on Friday. On the positive side, they play terrifically, and Nessun Dorma was glorious, both in the ballad and the closer. Just feel like they deserve a better package to perform.

BD & Bloo, what to say? Both were full of raw energy and both are just plain masterful. No idea who will come out on top now or in Indy either, nor do I really care. Neck and neck all season, I predict. Throw in SCV and that's a top 3 to rival the best of the best. Couldn't help but be entranced and fall in love with either show tonight.

BK was flat after the other Blues. I'm not sold on this show yet, although they are a VERY skilled corps, top to bottom. Guard writing is incredibly disappointing. Some odd pacing issues in he design throughout the show. As usual, incredible use of color that we've come to love from them. Gorgeous brass. Jaw-dropping drumline. Just not sold on the design yet.

This is shaping up to be yet another HIGHLY enjoyable season top to bottom. So many corps have stepped up their design game AND execution levels this season.

And....NO STORMS!!!! Everything was gorgeous and it was an absolutely perfect night to watch 10 incredible corps.

• Like 8

LOVE LOVE LOVE the BK music this year. Wow. Each year these guys deliver!!!!

• Like 5

Bloo wins percussion, BK is a little dirty and don't have the content

• Like 1

Just now, Chief Guns said:

No matter the outcome tonight, i hope BD/Bloo fans will keep it classy and show love to both corps. Much respect to that wonderful corps in Canton from BD Nation!

Yep, Im gonna hop on this statement!  #alltheblue

• Like 3

Just now, Chief Guns said:

No matter the outcome tonight, i hope BD/Bloo fans will keep it classy and show love to both corps. Much respect to that wonderful corps in Canton from BD Nation!

Have they officially renamed Concord to just "BD Nation"? That must have been an expensive change!

• Like 3