3 SHADES OF BLUE and friends Denver, Co

15 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Pretty funny that I've read a number of people on these forums--people I don't think of as BD devotees--who think their "Carpe Noctem" show should have won that year.

I think people just like an underdog.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Simple. 17 titles to 1. When you have won as much as BD has, it doesn't matter what you do. We are at a point where BD is a victim of their own success. 3-4 years ago BD was getting murdered on DCP for chopping up music. Now they are playing full music and still they aren't liked. Visual huh? Guarantee you when BD does a show going 225 bpm the whole show people still won't like it. BD has won too many times and people outside of BD Nation are sick of it. 

Like 2013? Most physically demanding show of all time. Almost the whole show (minus the ballad) was at 210 bpm.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, leadsop04 said:

Like 2013? Most physically demanding show of all time. Almost the whole show (minus the ballad) was at 210 bpm.

Wow I knew they had some uptempo moments but I did not realize just how fast they were going that whole show 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, leadsop04 said:

They did not march anywhere near the whole show at 210. Crown 2012 was more demanding than BD 2013. Not downplaying anything BD does, I love them. 

Speaking of demand, Bloo's show last year was built on a lot of easy drill mixed with prop effects. Just watch the tuba's in the back half of the show, they literally march around the outside of the field and back, and that's it. Seriously some of the easiest drill to ever win a championship, but it was still an entertaining program that generated a ton of GE, and that's what matters. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, defeldus2 said:

Crown 2012 was more demanding than BD 2013. Not downplaying anything BD does, I love them. 

https://youtu.be/WtNHuqHWefU

Edited by BDCorno
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, FTNK said:

Now I gotta watch BD 13 again. Good thing it's the best show ever

Can't say I loved the ending, but they were asked to do some incredible stuff and pulled it off. Not a crowd-based show for sure.

• Like 1

Thoughts from a non-musician, non-marching-member, relatively-new-to-drumcorps point of view:

1.  Batallion is big...but that's about all they have going for themselves.  Didn't like their show.

2.  Mandarins earned...and deserved...their score.  Loved their show.

3.  Troopers surprised me.  They sold me on their "Duels & Duets" theme.  Loved their show.

4.  Everyone else below BK.  Good shows, I liked them, but overall...Meh.

5.  Gotta talk a bit more about this show since I'm a huge BK fan.  LOL!!  I hadn't seen them since their send-off show.  Wow...BIG DIFFERENCE.  I thought they sounded good before...they sound even better last night.  My son, the BK vet, remarked on how great they were when they CUT their music.  I think he said...clean and perfect.  I liked the echo in the stadium they created.  I was also happy to see their signature unwinding box in the closer.  My undisputed favorite show of the night.

6.  The top-dog Blues.  A completely different show design from BK, but both very similar.  I saw both shows as highly-performed collections of gimmicks.  Blue's hotties sashaying up and down the stairs, their tuba players running down the ramps, all of them filing into and out of the "Line".  BD's use of stairs, mixture of traditional drill forms and their patented randomness, the pretty cool way THEY went through their stairs.  From my point of view, both GREAT shows, well performed...I had no prediction who would win  I loved them both...but I loved BD just a little bit more.

Oh...just remembered one more thing:  ALL the corps had holes...except BK.  

Edited by Mycroft